Cannot remove phantom 4 pro battery

I just received my P4P today. Was able to remove the battery that came with it just fine and put in a second battery I had bought for it since it was fully charged.

After updating the firmware and adjusting my settings I went to replace the battery with the original one which had become fully charged only to find that I can't remove the battery.

Both latches depress and move freely, and I can slide it out 1/16" but no matter how hard I squeeze my fingers to keep a form grip it just won't budge any further. I'm afraid any more pressure and I might damage the drone body itself. I gave up after getting blisters on my thumb and forefinger.

Anyone else have experience like this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Mine is hard to remove too. I wiggle it up and down and it comes out

Reactions: skyeboysteve
Hey TxM
Don't really specifically know what the problem w removing your batt is but I can address a couple of simple points regarding install and removal.
Number one - look bf you stick it in. Meaning perform a quick inspection of contacts both on body and battery contacts before insertion.
Why? Debris can easily hide between contacts or fall into battery cavity with one careless act. This can lead to contact damage and or battery malfunction, hopefully not during flight as contact t mps increase.
Number two- whilst inserting a battery, fresh or stale, DEPRESS both upper and lower contacts at the same time during insertion.
Why? In the event of contact debris presence the operator will have a higher sense of awareness regarding insertion forces required to insert the battery. With elimination of the forces required to compress the battery retainers/locks, the operator will greatly reduce maintenance or mishaps once the required insertion forces are "familiarized".
Number three- With regard to Number Two above, I would notrecommend using lubricants to aid battery insertion.
Why? Several reasons. Regarding possible contact debris presence, any type of lubricant application to "aid" battery installation may only aid in damaging contacts du to the operators lessened sense of force required for a normal debris free insertion. Also most lubricants are not electrically conductive should it find its way to the battery contacts, especially silicone types. There are conductive greases out there but there is a reason he the battery contacts are spaced apart from each other?
Sorry for long narrative..
MJJ Republic of Texas
Happy flying!
MJJ:

Good suggestions with one correction. As a retired design engineer I feel I need to correct your statement about grease affecting the battery contacts. Actually silicone grease is used in military,
communications, automotive, and many other harsh environment settings to seal and protect electrical
contacts. Most decent connectors including our DJI batteries are "swiping" type contacts which displace the grease when inserted. The grease seals the contact against moisture and corrosion.
Of course the issue of attracting dust and dirt could be a problem since our battery can be left setting
out and collecting dust.

I had the same problem.
but it got better after I used the battrys for ba while.

Really weird.. I have no problem removing or installing either of my batteries. I got my P4 for Christmas so it's fairly new, but I did notice one of the contacts looks different than the others. I remember having to use additional force to install it once, perhaps a bit of debris interfered and slightly damaged it, it works fine though.
Standard silicone grease is non conducive but does work great on plastics. DC111 is a good one for plastics and insulating electrical components.
An old lab trick I used for a visual aid regarding interference fits was to mark the suspected area with a black marker, let ink dry and assemble. It usually works and is quick and dirty method
Cheers
MJJ Texas

Reactions: skyeboysteve
Potluckman
I'm also retired and 25 yrs designing oilfield equipment for downhole exploration. I used silicone greases and oils in sealed and clean environments only where contacts were "made" and silicones were added around them to keep them clean. Sliding contacts were gold plated for optimal service in field environments, greases and oils were taboo due to non conductive characteristics and as you mentioned, debris retention. WD40 was used for a while but in the end it was also banned due to its characteristics. My personal preference would be to keep contacts clean and free of debris, usually engineering staff makes recomendations for " best practices" for end products too

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl