Can you see through your goggles?

Reaction score
In the past couple months, I've been dying to use goggles for flying. After countless hours of research, I decided to try DJI goggles.
Got them in the mail finally, (best buy) and no matter what I done I just couldn't dial them in. I have a stigmatism and wear glasses. My current glasses have bi-focals, yet I cannot use readers because of the stigmatism. My older pair was single vision. With the DJI goggles, I tried several pairs of glasses.. my new ones, old ones, several pairs of readers and different powers.. no luck. Finally gave up and sent them back.
Still, I didn't want to give up so I decided to try Fatshark D3 and the dioptic lens. All came in the mail, tried every power with no luck. So this is what I did...
I took the lens out of my old prescription glasses, which I could still see through. (My eyes got worse at reading distance)
I taped them both sides with masking tape, measured the dioptic lens and the slot they fit in, marked out the slot size on the tape of the lens, and cut them down with a 1" belt sander that I use to sharpen knives with. Bingo! Prescription lens in my Fatsharks done the trick!
fe2bf5f06cd7200b18ae145230631de7.jpg

6dfd56f7d67bfa8d26fc6d6d2720d963.jpg

They were barely loose in the slot so one little drop of hot glue to keep in place which can be removed easily enough for cleaning.. just re-apply if necessary.
Finally, I get to experience FPV with goggles instead of just various displays. Awesome experience!!! Perspective is on target for close proximity flying.
This was my first phantom flight with them to show just how I was able to see what I needed to see flying through a wooded area...
And, just for fun, a short tiny whoop flight using the Fatsharks...
Hope this helps someone as another option to try when your trying to dial in clarity on your goggles.

Happy flying!!

Last edited:
If you're lucky and still have an old pair of glasses like I did and you want to try this option here is something to remember. The center of my eyes was not the center of the lens. You need to put your old glasses on your face and look and see where the center of your eyeballs hits the lens. I had to offset my Center a quarter of an inch. This is important because that's just the way prescriptions work. Use that center as the center of your measurements.

Reactions: Hounddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4