camera off center, slow and hot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a crash with my p4p. The yaw arm broke incl the flex cable and the flex cable of the yaw motor.
I replaced them all. But when I start the drone now it is facing to the left. When i push it to the right it takes a while to go back to the left position instead of going immediately. The ESC on the yaw arm gets really hot.

Also i saw this video:

Before i want to buy a new ESC board, is it also possible that the yaw motor is not working correct? Or are these problems all due to the ESC board?
Hopefully you can give me some advic

thanks in advance!

ps. also i got a gimbal overload message, which is flickering between normal and overload the whole time

Last edited:
Replace the yaw motor and it will be good but you have to replace the centre only because the cap is calibrated from the factory i did
This and worked very well make sure you be very gentle .don’t brake the magnet inside the chrome cap

so if i understand it right, i have to buy a new yaw motor and replace with the old housing. But i have already placed a new yaw motor as said in the beginning. if i replace it with the old housing will it be oke?

Sorry i did not see the Gimble overload ps
I think the yaw motor you bought has a faulty sensor try to return and get another one to use on the original housing

wow thanks Tony! I was a bit sceptical about this solution but i tried and it works:). The camera is exact in the middle now:)

it is strange you can't calibrate the motor softwarematically but maybe they do this on purpose to avoid people are going to fix there own drone

Last edited:
i also have one more question. I was so stupid to interchange two propellor motors on the drone. I fixed this by changing the white caps on the motors, otherwise the propellors won't fit. The drone is flying normally but i don't know if this can give any problems?

If its flying normally it should be fine otherwise it will not take off
Good to hear you done the motor correctly now you need tocalibrate imu ,Gimble and compass and you be ok

after a few flights, the camera was again a bit out of centre. Better than before but still a bit to the side. I pushed the camera to the other side to recentre it again, this works. But this i have to do every time now i think

edit: ahh i see, maybe i have to do all the calibration things first
also i still get the gimbal overload message

edit2: calibration is not working:( still a bit off centre. Is the yaw esc also damaged then?

Last edited:
That motor must be overheating
It must be faulty my friend try the calibrations imu and gimble if it doesn’t work its the motor i told you before it must be faulty
Where did you buy from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair