Calling all sales experts

Reaction score
I did a proof of concept for a company, not because they wanted to but because I wanted to and they let me go out and use their stockpiles for volume measurements. They seemed very interested in what I was doing.
I then delivered them the results in hopes that I would get some business with them.
They never got back to me. I have already followed up twice and no feedback.

I also approached a construction site offering my services and got a business card from them . I then emailed them with some sample work. No answer back.

Why aren't these people calling me back?.... lol.

They expressed interest. I'm just wondering if they just don't need my service or I'm approaching it the wrong way.

What y'all marketing/sales guys think?

How did you verify the data you provided for your test? Construction guys want solid info before considering using something new. They also want to know it will cost less and get done quicker. If they already have the info you want to provide they won't give a second thought. Most companies are very skeptical about our work. I'm a Civil Engineer and that gives me some credibility from the start but that only goes so far. There's more to it as well but I'm already rambling.

Much of it is market over-saturation as well. I'm an Architect as my main profession (besides the vinyl graphics and apparel, and drone stuff I do on the side) and many of the contractors I work with perform measuring in house either by ground equipment or they have their own drone equipment.

They expressed interest. I'm just wondering if they just don't need my service or I'm approaching it the wrong way.
I've found that getting the work is a lot harder than doing the work.
I approached 10 businesses and got very positive responses from all of them but only had calls from two.
One turned out to be a complete turkey and impossible to work with and the other used me once, said they loved my work and never called back.

I approached 10 businesses and got very positive responses from all of them but only had calls from two.
One turned out to be a complete turkey and impossible to work with and the other used me once, said they loved my work and never called back.
Many businesses are very skeptical when a new tool like a drone can do a better job than what they used to do it. Probably providing a free sample, will that change their mind?

Ya. We gotta ask ourselves are we creating value? What is the demand? What is the supply?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor