Buying from DJI Store ?

Reaction score
I bought a my first drone thru the DJI store and is it normal to be charged a foreign transaction fee from my bank for this purchase ,there should be a disclaimer on the DJI store site to let you know this is going to happen , No ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I doubt that DJI knows or cares what fees a customer might be charged by his or her bank! But if the price you got from the store is quoted in your currency (just ordered some items from them and prices quoted were in US$), there shouldn't be any fees. Always thought those fees were bogus anyway because almost all banking is international these days and they all routinely deal in multiple currencies. BTW, you might check out PayPal (I have no affiliation). They are global and should be fee neutral.

Customs fee, bank fee etc may vary from country to country and the associated bank. There is no customs and bank fee if you are in USA and buy directly from DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well I just talked to my bank and they said PayPal processed it as a foreign bank and my bank charged the foreign transaction fee, in gonna call PayPal and see if they can do something if not I'm going send it back, screw paying an xtra $45

Well I just talked to my bank and they said PayPal processed it as a foreign bank and my bank charged the foreign transaction fee, in gonna call PayPal and see if they can do something if not I'm going send it back, screw paying an xtra $45

PayPal is a joke. If you can just use your credit card, there will be no foreign transaction fees then. I bought through the DJI store and had it shipped to Canada. I paid nothing more then the conversion from USD$ to CAD$. I didn't even have to pay duties or taxes but I know I just got lucky there as they normally always nail me.

Where are you located?

Sending it back is not going to get your $45 back - and they might charge you an additional fee to convert your refund back out of US$...!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

PayPal is a joke. If you can just use your credit card, there will be no foreign transaction fees then. I bought through the DJI store and had it shipped to Canada. I paid nothing more then the conversion from USD$ to CAD$. I didn't even have to pay duties or taxes but I know I just got lucky there as they normally always nail me.

Where are you located?

Where are you located?
Paypal didnt screw me Bank of America did, Im in N.J.

Curious, I checked my online statement after buying a drone only from the DJI store. Used PayPal, and it shows up on my statement as just what I paid for it, no fees. I use my Chase Visa on PayPal.

Curious, I checked my online statement after buying a drone only from the DJI store. Used PayPal, and it shows up on my statement as just what I paid for it, no fees. I use my Chase Visa on PayPal.
Some CC's dont charge the Foreign Transaction Fee (Travel Cards Don't ) but Bank of America charges one of the highest of all banks $5 + 3% of the amount thats charged . I asked why all my other purchases using the same card ,paypal and country ( China ) on Ebay were charged this fee and she wouldn't answer that .
If I would have known about it I would have used a different card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic