Bullet Drone

N017RW

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Very cool,(for a drone killer)
Must be pin point accurate, Yeh thanks for sharing,

Without any information on how it tracks it’s target, I’m going to call this a shot in the dark and I certainly wouldn’t be an investor in the company that builds it.

Without any information on how it tracks it’s target, I’m going to call this a shot in the dark and I certainly wouldn’t be an investor in the company that builds it.

Read the article?

Not enough technical information provided in “the article”.
You might have seen how hobby grade implementations of computer vision systems work in our DJI products. It’s not a huge stretch of the imagination to appreciate that it is possible for the bulletdrone to perform as claimed. Would be a good investment if you could get near it. The smart money would have been in at the concept stage.

Reactions: JayDee1322
Shooting a drone out of the sky is illegal, no matter what kind of 'bullet' is used.

I wonder how the UFO's in the UK will like being shot at ?

Honestly this is the best thing that could of happen for the drone community, once they can take them down, the threat of a Drone sighting wont be so intense as it now , where they have to notify the Military.

All UFO sighting will be replaced with drones as they are now and it will be so easy to say drone shot down and life goes on mean while the UFO flys away.

The word UFO has always been uncomfortable to say for many people so Drone fits that bill perfectly.
I am glad the bill was passed , but they can do better than this, im thinking more like a laser style hit.

Headlines: Bullet Missile engages from ground level destroying on impact a recreational drone, no clue as to who the drone belonged to.
Headlines:
laser takes down recreational drone, drone recovered and 16 year on on Reprimand claims drone flew away.

Phantomrain.org
coal

You might have seen how hobby grade implementations of computer vision systems work in our DJI products. It’s not a huge stretch of the imagination to appreciate that it is possible for the bulletdrone to perform as claimed. Would be a good investment if you could get near it. The smart money would have been in at the concept stage.
I’ll stick with my 30.00 a share Netflix that isn’t 30.00 a share now.

Not enough technical information provided in “the article”.

Seriously?

MV technology is several decades old and well documented.
You can easily learn how it works if you're curious.

It's been in DJI products since 2016...

It would be easy to extrapolate to the "bullet's" capability to achieve the stated claims.

Oh yeah, it was demoed too.

Seems that I have a different view of technology than some. There was a phantom seen in the air above a baseball game a few weeks ago. When I see a news feature about a drone that was removed from the sky by a
“bullet” drone extraction tool, I may become a believer. But I’m not going to hold my breath.

Seems that I have a different view of technology than some. There was a phantom seen in the air above a baseball game a few weeks ago. When I see a news feature about a drone that was removed from the sky by a
“bullet” drone extraction tool, I may become a believer. But I’m not going to hold my breath.
Had the bulletdrone or another implementation of like technology been available for use you might find it would not have been deployed in the scenario you offered. The end result (assuming successful deployment) would be the targeted UAS and possibly the bulletdrone also would end up returning to the area below in an uncontrolled manner with obvious potential for undesirable consequences.

The fact anyone might not understand how this could be a reality doesn’t mean it isn’t. To the extent the reporting is correct practical demonstrations have been performed which demonstrate it does work.

I am not questioning the technology that this particular device is utilizing.
My rub is that, in the real world, implementation and or use of this or any other “take down” type tool, just isn’t practical.

Well, the article explains it’s already been proven practical.

I am not questioning the technology that this particular device is utilizing.
My rub is that, in the real world, implementation and or use of this or any other “take down” type tool, just isn’t practical.
That seems to be a change of stance but yes- there are likely to be problems. Existing take down solutions that capture the hostile sUAV in tethered nets seem to present less problems. The risk assessment that might need to proceed deployment of this device would almost certainly limit its use.

There just isn’t enough information in the article to make me a believer.
The mention of machine vision makes me think assembly line.
It’s possible the drone maker didn’t want any more information released than what is written.

Some interesting videos, I like the fence more than the bullet but they all seem to get the
job done! But I liked the devices that doesn't kill the drones..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31