Brand new Phantom 3 Owner

Reaction score
Best wife ever just got me a Phantom 3 Standard for Christmas! So happy and a bit nervous at the same time. Looking forward to learning everything about its operation!
f1c4cf60738057578f2eb3473b087e70.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome the the club. Don't forget to register as a UAV pilot with the FAA at:
sUAS Registration

Remember to do the IMU calibration and compass calibration before your first flight (and compass calibration at new flight locations).

And have fun!

Reactions: AJH3
Reactions: AJH3
Welcome the the club. Don't forget to register as a UAV pilot with the FAA at:
sUAS Registration

Remember to do the IMU calibration and compass calibration before your first flight (and compass calibration at new flight locations).

And have fun!

You don't need to do a new compass calibration every time. Only if you move positions like 100 miles..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Can you tell us a little more about ATTI MODE?
Thanks!

-with drone obsession from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)
ATTI - Your drone has Altitude hold only. No GPS. Which means, if there is wind it will/may drift with the wind. If you let it, it may drift so far away you could lose connections and lose the drone forever. Many members here feel all new users should spend their first (many) hours learning how to fly in ATTI mode so they know what to do in the future should you lose GPS signal and need to bring your bird home. ATTI and other Flight modes are described in the Users manual. In my case, for my P3S, this is found on page 10 of the manual. Your version may be different

Reactions: JTC Films
ATTI - Your drone has Altitude hold only. No GPS. Which means, if there is wind it will/may drift with the wind. If you let it, it may drift so far away you could lose connections and lose the drone forever.
To be clear, ATTI allows you to fly without GPS, but if you lose your signal while in ATTI, your AC will go into RTH which means it will connect with the GPS satellites if available and fly home.

It's a good idea to read your online manual from top to bottom at least twice.

Welcome to the site!

Reactions: AJH3 and JTC Films
stick to the manual and DJI wiki to learn everything then come here to ask and clear things up.

I can imagine this thread will start to blag your head with everyones different views and tips to begin lol!

Have fun though buddy with the new toy!

Last edited:
Reactions: AJH3 and JTC Films
Just do us a favor, if you get a message to update the FW just wait until you fly it the way it is out of the box. Don't update the drone's software till you see that it's working as shipped.

Atti mode is the dogs!!!! Flies smooth and responsive, I only used GPS now if I want to hover in one spot to take photos or video. Whatever you do enjoy your new drone and keep safe..
Great Xmas pressie!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak