Battery voltages

Reaction score
Hi all I've just bought a second hand phantom 3 advanced with 3 batteries and was wondering what voltages the battery show when the aircraft is hovering? Form a fully charged battery at about 80% the voltage of each cell is already showing 3.75v is that normal that amount of sag straight off or are the batteries getting a bit tired. They have only had 20 charge cycles each, also all the 4 cell voltages are within 0.01 of each other the entire flight so dont think it's a faulty cell. Was just wondering what your voltages were hovering at different battery percentage, ie 100%,90%,80%,70%,60%,50%,40%,30% and so on. Was thinking if I can get some voltages off you lot and do a graph it might be a way of telling if a battery is on its way out? Thanks all and happy flying [emoji106]

Hi all I've just bought a second hand phantom 3 advanced with 3 batteries and was wondering what voltages the battery show when the aircraft is hovering? Form a fully charged battery at about 80% the voltage of each cell is already showing 3.75v is that normal that amount of sag straight off or are the batteries getting a bit tired. They have only had 20 charge cycles each, also all the 4 cell voltages are within 0.01 of each other the entire flight so dont think it's a faulty cell. Was just wondering what your voltages were hovering at different battery percentage, ie 100%,90%,80%,70%,60%,50%,40%,30% and so on. Was thinking if I can get some voltages off you lot and do a graph it might be a way of telling if a battery is on its way out? Thanks all and happy flying [emoji106]
Go to airdata.com and open a free account. Upload your flight log and you can get all kinds of data regarding our flight.

Once you have the flight selected from the list, click on Power (just below general) and you will find multiple tabs that look like this
1552056787461.png

This flight was for the sole purpose of photographing a mountain range so it was hovering almost the entire flight.

Maybe this helps.

Reactions: Robert Bigham
Have you got the manual for your P3A? If so page 19/20 have all the info you need to assess the state of your battery.
To find out the battery expected life, press and hold the "ON" button for five seconds.
The LED's that are lit after that indicate the life left in the pack.

Reactions: Robert Bigham
Go to airdata.com and open a free account. Upload your flight log and you can get all kinds of data regarding our flight.

Once you have the flight selected from the list, click on Power (just below general) and you will find multiple tabs that look like this
View attachment 109299

This flight was for the sole purpose of photographing a mountain range so it was hovering almost the entire flight.

Maybe this helps.
How do you upload your flight log to this? I would like to try it.

3.75V @20% discharged in a hover seems perfectly reasonable. Current Draw is high in a hover, higher than while moving as you have no transitional lift to counter the effect of gravity.

Voltage curves are useless to evaluate battery condition, at least in comparison to the other available means of assessing health. Flight time for a given charge, cell balance and the reported lifetime % are significantly more useful. As you might be aware LiION chemistry has a very flat discharge voltage profile compared to other chemistries and no load voltages are needed to make reliable/consistent comparisons.

@LarBear360 suggestion re Airdata subscription is a good one- it’s abgreat way to learn and follow the performance of your flight packs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik