Battery left in cold

Reaction score
So yeah the frigid weather has moved out of my area and I was planning to fly yesterday until I realized that I left one of my batteries in the trunk of my car for more than a week. It was probably around 10 degrees F for several of those nights, so my battery was probably frozen. Stupido for real.

Is it safe to use that battery or am I out $100?

I think these batteries are more tolerant to the cold than to the hot. If they get too hot and overcharged, they tend to puff. But I have left many a Phantom battery in my frozen car and never had one puff or seem to lose any performance.

You can try it and see what kind of flight time you get out of it. I would "keep the drone close to you" for a few flights in case the battery does want to dump quickly and you have to land asap.

I think these batteries are more tolerant to the cold than to the hot. If they get too hot and overcharged, they tend to puff. But I have left many a Phantom battery in my frozen car and never had one puff or seem to lose any performance.

You can try it and see what kind of flight time you get out of it. I would "keep the drone close to you" for a few flights in case the battery does want to dump quickly and you have to land asap.
Hey thanks. Was yours frozen for long? Mine was a week of freezing nights. I can't believe I left it there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20