Autopilot App.

Looking for experiences with this app. Particularly interested in the "Follow" function.
Thank You.

If you want the camera to stay level when you or recording keep the setting on follow, if you want the picture to show the bank of the aircraft, keep it on FPV-- the general recommendation is to keep it on follow.

As far as experiences, that will be a learn as you fly in the app exercise or at least everytime I go out, I find out something that I hadn't dealt with before in the app.

There are a lot of posts on the P3 forum regarding individual aspects and settings on the app and experiences by different pilots. :)

Yes, the version that is in the App Store already supports the Vision+
Thanks. So If i purchase the version in App Store, i mean 1.1 (19,99€), i suppose next updates free for users?... And what about the beta? Would i try?.

Cheers.

Thanks. So If i purchase the version in App Store, i mean 1.1 (19,99€), i suppose next updates free for users?... And what about the beta? Would i try?.

Cheers.
Yes, we are making v2.0 free to existing users - probably insane considering how much effort we put into it but we want to show our early supporters how much we love you. The beta is free of course.

Reactions: jmmanzano
Yes, we are making v2.0 free to existing users - probably insane considering how much effort we put into it but we want to show our early supporters how much we love you. The beta is free of course.
Just purchase the app from App Store [emoji106]

So is the new version compatible with NAZA mode?
I won't say no, but I can't say definitively yes either. The bottom line is we haven't tested it due to time and resource constraints. On top of all the combinations of settings and controls in the app, we now have to execute all testing across 5 different aircraft types. Each time you add another layer on top of the test plan, such as NAZA vs Phantom Mode, it doubles the test load - if you really want to approach testing rigorously from a software validation standpoint (which we do, of course as it is a safety issue).

Having said that, I am curious as to what the draw is of using NAZA mode, specifically in relation to Autopilot? Is it that switching between NAZA and Phantom is tedious, and you fly in NAZA already, so you just don't want to take the time, or is it that you truly want to use NAZA features while Autopilot is active?

I won't say no, but I can't say definitively yes either. The bottom line is we haven't tested it due to time and resource constraints. On top of all the combinations of settings and controls in the app, we now have to execute all testing across 5 different aircraft types. Each time you add another layer on top of the test plan, such as NAZA vs Phantom Mode, it doubles the test load - if you really want to approach testing rigorously from a software validation standpoint (which we do, of course as it is a safety issue).

Having said that, I am curious as to what the draw is of using NAZA mode, specifically in relation to Autopilot? Is it that switching between NAZA and Phantom is tedious, and you fly in NAZA already, so you just don't want to take the time, or is it that you truly want to use NAZA features while Autopilot is active?
The switching is an issue, I just don't like not having the complete flight envelope when I do fly my P2v+(FYI I have a P3).
It's just a piece of mind. I use multiple apps when flying meaning one day I may fly with autopilot app and the next time I may use litchi app(I fly with both ios and Android devices).
Honestly, I purchased your app months ago and only used it 2 times. The app is promising but I just didn't like using phantom mode to fly with it. I believe your app is the only app that requires the bird to be in phantom, I tried the second time to fly it in Naza and it was not responding. A little disheartening because it cost $24. Hope I made sense.

Is the litchi app able to send flight control commands to the aircraft even while in NAZA mode?
I hate to say it but litchi, vision pilot apps can all fly in Naza and there apps are much cheaper

Here is a test flight I did with vision pilot app, orbit mode
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hate to say it but you guys are behind the 8 ball, I hope your app is better with use off p3

Is the litchi app able to send flight control commands to the aircraft even while in NAZA mode?

You haven't spent a few dollars to check out the other apps before developing your own???

You haven't spent a few dollars to check out the other apps before developing your own???
Litchi actually released their app after us, but to answer your question - it isn't about spending few dollars to check out the "competition". To be honest we have been too busy furiously creating version 2.0 to even come up for breath.

Yep, I know. It's hard to keep up in an evolving market like this.

Litchi actually released their app after us, but to answer your question - it isn't about spending few dollars to check out the "competition". To be honest we have been too busy furiously creating version 2.0 to even come up for breath.

As a HS football coach(16 years HFC,DC, OC), I MAKE it a point, to make our team better, make the the product better, but rest assured I'm ALWAYS aware of what our opponent is doing. It's a must and I would assume in the business world that one would follow the same philosophy. Food for thought-JMO

As a HS football coach(16 years HFC,DC, OC), I MAKE it a point, to make our team better, make the the product better, but rest assured I'm ALWAYS aware of what our opponent is doing. It's a must and I would assume in the business world that one would follow the same philosophy. Food for thought-JMO
Please don't misinterpret my statement as "we don't pay attention to our competition". At a high level we are always paying attention to what the industry is doing, and hopefully staying ahead of the curve on the core things that differentiate our product. In this specific case, I can tell you that very few users have asked us to focus on NAZA compatibility, and at some point we have to prioritize things based on user demand.

I'm not saying we won't eventually address the NAZA issue, but I can't make any guarantees as to when that will be. At a minimum, I can commit to asking DJI about it during our next regularly scheduled check-in call.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31