Are DJI drones RID ready?

Reaction score
Website
www.mossphotography.biz
There is a great article from DJIs own Brendan Schulman about whether or not DJI drones will be RID compliant when it becomes mandatory in the U.S.

He does have October 2022 ad 2023 listed as the implementation months, but it's September 16, 2022 and 2023. I texted him earlier for clarification. I'll edit my post when I hear back.

There is a great article from DJIs own Brendan Schulman about whether or not DJI drones will be RID compliant when it becomes mandatory in the U.S.

He does have October 2022 ad 2023 listed as the implementation months, but it's September 16, 2022 and 2023. I texted him earlier for clarification. I'll edit my post when I hear back.

Drones Manufactured by September 16th, 2022 will have to be RID ready according to the FAA.

IMG_0865.jpg

Last edited:
Drones Manufactured by September 16th, 2022 will have to be RID ready according to the FAA.
There is some contradictory language in the FAA rules. I'm waiting to hear back from my contacts. But it's likely the September dates.

Reactions: skymonkey
What about dJI drone before 9 / 22
Will be refitted?
I'm thinking they'll incorporate it into a new firmware,,seems one of the only ways to make us comply without purchasing a module of sorts,but a lot dont update so not sure what they going to do there..I only say firmware cause I never used to update till they dji lock my drone till i update so i didn't have a choice,i even saved the pic,the old p4 had solid red lights all round till I did it,,what ever they decide, it's going to have to work
Screenshot_20190205-101335.jpg

Reactions: skymonkey
I'm thinking they'll incorporate it into a new firmware,,seems one of the only ways to make us comply without purchasing a module of sorts,but a lot dont update so not sure what they going to do there..I only say firmware cause I never used to update till they dji lock my drone till i update so i didn't have a choice,i even saved the pic,the old p4 had solid red lights all round till I did it,,what ever they decide, it's going to have to work View attachment 121927

You are correct Ian, that is one of the ways to satisfy the remote ID broadcast module. Keep in mind that that the firmware upgrade will not make your drone a Standard Remote ID drone.

IMG_1619005475.075474.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic