Anyone near Cincinnati Ohio willing to help?????????

Reaction score
I have a new to me p3p that I recently bought and the firmware was out of date . I updated the firmware but its says the battery is at 0% . I redid the updates on the RC and the controller. To no avail I called DJI and they want me to send it to them to look at. I am hoping to find someone close that will let me try out one of there batteries before I ship it off. I don't know if the battery worked before the upgrade as I could never get it to do anything except move the camera and take videos . I have been lurking around the board for a couple weeks but this is my first post .

Thanks

Dan

The batteries should be updated too. They are intelligent batteries and have a firmware that gets updated. Did DJI walk you through the upgrade. Your memory card in the aircraft has a folder on it after the firmware update and will tell you the status of the updates.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Like I said I am very new to this . The battery was in it when I did the update . In the file after the firmware it said success
Then there were 4 more times it said update aborted because the firmware is the same or older file .
I am not sure if the battery is a genuine phantom battery.
I read somewhere that this could be the problem.
I have a new to me p3p that I recently bought and the firmware was out of date . I updated the firmware but its says the battery is at 0% . I redid the updates on the RC and the controller. To no avail I called DJI and they want me to send it to them to look at. I am hoping to find someone close that will let me try out one of there batteries before I ship it off. I don't know if the battery worked before the upgrade as I could never get it to do anything except move the camera and take videos . I have been lurking around the board for a couple weeks but this is my first post .

Thanks

Dan

What part of Cincinnati are you located? I might be able to meet you for a quick battery test.

I am. Closer to Wilmington than Cincinnati but I work all over the Cincinnati area where are you located I can come to you

Thanks
Dan

May be able to meet at lunch sometime early next week.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that offered to help me out. I got it going but had to buy a new battery today and by the time I got home and hot it charged it was dark. So I will be giving it a try tomorrow. The main problem with it was I am a noob........ I took it to a local hobby shop and he figured out pretty fast that I had a phantom2 battery in my phantom 3 ( boy did I feel like a dipshitt) lol
I had no idea it turned it on and worked the camera and gimble it just wouldn't take off . So I learned something new today and I am sure I will be learning more every day I am on here as this is an awesome site and there are some really great people on here

Thanks again

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.