Any other pilots carry a weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see my thread completely -yet expectedly- derailed into a debate on guns. I believe the topic was, "do you carry a weapon (including a knife, mace, baton, taser, jazz-hands, rape whistle, tickle-feather, etc)?"

Not "how much better do you think your culture/country is because you can/cannot have guns?"
Sorry. Anti-gunners get my dander up. Now back to your thread topic...................

Reactions: BigAl07
Oooooooo!!!! Burn!!! LOL!! Guess you really told us, huh?! We've saved you Brits asses so many times it isn't funny. Be glad we're armed to the teeth. Be very glad.

You are just showing yourself up. Please grow up.

Ya'll just can't stop, can you? I apologized and moved on.
Cant stop? I replied once! and you apologised to him.
No idea where your outburst came from and why me being British has any relevance?. I like america and its culture, i wasn't putting it down! I even admitted id want a gun if living there. I just wouldn't feel comfortable being surrounded by them and feeling one was necessary for protection, its just my opinion right or wrong but millions of Americans feel the same.

Anyway lets get back on track, no is my short answer. I carry nothing. :D

I agree this should get back on track or I will get it there . Lets play nice and watch the language .
Thank you :)

I'm sure this topic will spark some good debate, so I figured it was worth posting! I almost always concealed-carry my Glock when I fly. Obviously I'd never draw or even brandish my weapon unless I legitimately thought my life or someone else's life was in danger, but I do worry about the odd whack-job who takes issue with me flying my scary drone around. I know, it sounds nuts, and it's insanely unlikely I'd ever need to use it, but I like to be prepared.

And in case you're worried Joe Schmoe is making the drone hobby look bad running around with his piece, I'm a former Marine who served as an armed security guard at US Embassies. I'm very well trained with weapons and the use of force. That said, I still believe the best weapon in most situations is your words.

So, do you arm yourself while you fly?

Fellow devil here who also likes drones and guns. That being said once i get my concealed carry I will be doing the same, I have had some incidences where things could have gone south and it has for others. In the end people freak out and if that is the case call the cops dont try and take the drone or the law into your own hands.

720e3f1b9a542cf444d857caacba49c0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Fellow devil here who also likes drones and guns. That being said once i get my concealed carry I will be doing the same, I have had some incidences where things could have gone south and it has for others. In the end people freak out and if that is the case call the cops dont try and take the drone or the law into your own hands.

720e3f1b9a542cf444d857caacba49c0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I like the big screen! What tablet is that?

Also, what state are you trying to get CC permit in?

I like the big screen! What tablet is that?

Also, what state are you trying to get CC permit in?
Ipad air 2. I can't fly with anything else. I don't mind the size. As for the state unfortunately I live in new jersey. I just got out of the service and was stationed in California so I'm still in the process of changing my license over then I'm going to file for it. I'll probably get denied but I'm going to give it a shot.

Until MN made it that the issuing authority could only deny if one was unfit because of abuse, drugs or felony confiction etc was one able to get a carry permit without politics. There is a short training and safe handling test.
Had a friend denied before the law change and he was manufacturing and transporting explosives. So it was not like he was on a watch list or without having a total proctology exam by ATF etc etc. This was before Timmy and OK incident.

Hey all - chill a bit or we'll need to crack down more on the insults with warnings and bans.

I'm tired of receiving requests, "please delete my account because your forum is full of a bunch of jerks". Got another one today thanks to this thread.

They would deny a ex service man there ?

Yes, new jersey is not a shall issue state, it is a may issue meaning I have to show reason behind why I want my CCW and it can't just be I want to defend myself. I have to had someone threaten me or something extreme and even then its still hard to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20