Another broken charger contact cover

Reaction score
I see DJI has done nothing to improve their hinges on the contact cover for their chargers!
My P2V+ cover lasted a few months, this one a few weeks :(
IMG_2918.JPG

how did it break?
Just rotating it open on the hinge so the contacts are exposed in order to plug it into the battery - apparently real delicate handling required, I was not being rough with it. The plastic material around the hole for the pin is very close to the edge of the plastic so there's not much "meat" where the end of the pin goes through the hole. It's not critical that the cover be in place, it's intent is to protect the contact pins from bending or damage when not in use.

Mine broke too. I'm not going to worry about it.

Just rotating it open on the hinge so the contacts are exposed in order to plug it into the battery - apparently real delicate handling required, I was not being rough with it. The plastic material around the hole for the pin is very close to the edge of the plastic so there's not much "meat" where the end of the pin goes through the hole. It's not critical that the cover be in place, it's intent is to protect the contact pins from bending or damage when not in use.
It is also intended to "isolate the contacts" so they don't short if you leave the charger plugged up.:DBeen there and done that:D:D:D:D
Mine touched a metal screw drive blade and threw off a spark.

Same here. Contact cover fell off yesterday after charging. Plastic hinges just fell apart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga