Airline Travel with Drones?

Reaction score
I would like to bring my P4 with me on my next vacation. What are airlines allowing? I ask because of the recent concerns/prohibitions of the Samsung's Note7 problems, and these P4 Intelligent batteries are LiPo, hence could have similar unstable characteristics? Is there any special procedures/declarations required like for carrying firearms?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

The airline you're flying has specific recommendations. Look it up. From a TSA standpoint, loose LiOn batteries can go in carry on baggage. Tape the terminals. Send the drone itself through checked baggage only if you're feeling particularly lucky.

I would like to bring my P4 with me on my next vacation. What are airlines allowing? I ask because of the recent concerns/prohibitions of the Samsung's Note7 problems, and these P4 Intelligent batteries are LiPo, hence could have similar unstable characteristics? Is there any special procedures/declarations required like for carrying firearms?
Your airline will have rules based on these: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
Go to their website and search for batteries
No special declarations but you can not put the batteries in checked luggage.

Samsung Note 7s and Phantoms aren't the only devices with lithium batteries.
Just about everyone's mobile phone, iPad or tablet, camera, laptop etc has lithium batteries and there will be plenty of them on your flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20