Adding a monitor

Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone help, I have the p4pro+ with the built in screen, what I'm trying to find out is it Possible to use the hdmi out to connect to a iPad just so I have a second screen running, or would I need a dedicated monitor?

Hi guys, can anyone help, I have the p4pro+ with the built in screen, what I'm trying to find out is it Possible to use the hdmi out to connect to a iPad just so I have a second screen running, or would I need a dedicated monitor?

A guy asked me if there was a way of adding a larger monitor and if then he could watch the monitor as I fly around a "dam or bridge" for inspections.

I mentioned that I might be able install a 24 or 32" screen in the back of my Yukon and he could watch it and I could be outside keeping the line-of-sight and maneuvering at his request.

This would allow him to be able to view in much better detail vs looking over my shoulder or having to wait till later to view back at his office.

Now, like you just need to figure out the video connection?

Looking forward to the possibilities....

edspilot

I can do it to a large 21inch tv I did that to mine in my motorhome as it had pc in, I really want to have my iPad on a stand next to me for my spotter to watch so he doesn't keep looking over my shoulder, I have the built in screen, just don't want to order cables if it won't work lol

I can do it to a large 21inch tv I did that to mine in my motorhome as it had pc in, I really want to have my iPad on a stand next to me for my spotter to watch so he doesn't keep looking over my shoulder, I have the built in screen, just don't want to order cables if it won't work lol
That really depends on the iPad. Does Apple make a device that allows iPad to receive an HDMI input? Your device needs to have an HDMI input.

Yes you can get a 30 pin to hdmi or the smaller connection to hdmi, as have old iPad and new pro, was just hoping to find someone who has used a iPad as a second monitor,

I know the "hardware" exists. All the HDMI adapters I've seen for iOS are advertised to let you view the iPad/iPhone contents on your TV or projector. No mention of viewing outside content on the iPad. It doesn't necessarily work both ways...

Those HDMI to Lightning cables are for outputting the iPad signal to an HDMI device. It doesn't work the other way.

There a way to do it, but it's not cheap: ie WELL over $1,000 for the "magic box' to output HDMI to an iOS device. Check them out here: Monitoring Solutions

Maybe there's something cheaper out there? IDK-

I just use a cheap flat screen for my "ground control station" :)

19657244_1361947770587936_7432670611042782946_n.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT