A beginner's first foray in to FPV racing drones - what do you reckon?

My Storm RTF Type-A arrives today via DHL today. I didn't get any goggles with it, thinking the monitor should be good enough. However, I did try blind flying my P3P with just the tablet over the weekend, and just couldn't see it well enough to count on it as my sole navigation experience. I live in Arizona, and even on an overcast day, it's still too bright to see the tablet well enough. SO I ordered the Zeiss Cinemizer glasses today for both the Storm and the P3P (hopefully)...

Just get use to the storm flying line of sight,,it is a LOT different from flying a Phantom!,,think of one is like driving a luxury automobile,,one is a crazy horsepower sports car

Here is some video I took at one of the practices. I apologize in advance for my poor video skills. I tried using my DSLR at first, but I had a zoom lens so couldn't get the whole course. I gave up and switched to my iPhone. I was hoping to track a drone around the course to show the speed, but they were just too fast for me to track well.

Wow, that looks fun. Those things zip around the course so quickly that it kinda reminds me of Indy car racing. My favourite motor sport. Next to ours. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Oso
You can build a nice zmr250 with parts from banggood for under $180. Very similar to rcmodelreviews but a couple of upgrades. You would need a monitor and radio as well. They are a lot of fun. I built a qav250 first but actually prefer the zmr. The qav is tougher but heavier.

Still under construction but live :) Drone Racing Forum
dr-pilots-logo-150w.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj