9450 is not a model number! Its a size. Please only use P3 props on a P3

Reaction score
I keep seeing people post cheaper props that you can buy as replacements. Bad advice. 9450 means 9.4 inches 5.0 pitch. It does not mean all 9450 props will work on the P3. The P3 ESC's have active braking and if you use the other props they may loosen in flight.

I saw many many videos from "experts" saying the p2 props work... And they do, until they unscrew in the air and you crash... Really people start to read...

Reactions: mmee1992
So the motors are different, explain how the props are different. If they're the same pitch and length and mount identical, how is a braking motor going to matter?

So the motors are different, explain how the props are different. If they're the same pitch and length and mount identical, how is a braking motor going to matter?
The hubs aren't the same at all. Like I said don't use p2 props or you will end crashing by a prop coming loose in flight.

I already said this more than 10 times but people just don't understand, I bet in the next 3 months we will see many p3 dropping from the sky by using p2 props...

Reactions: skyhighdiver
It does not mean all 9450 props will work on the P3. The P3 ESC's have active braking and if you use the other props they may loosen in flight.

and what exactly would prevent that from happening on the stock props then???

and what exactly would prevent that from happening on the stock props then???
The composite material the stock hubs are made of have more give and don't react as abruptly to quick RPM changes.

Reactions: J.James
DJI, big mistake with this prop confusion ....should have called them 9451s even if exactly the same prop pitch...

DJI, big mistake with this prop confusion ....should have called them 9451s even if exactly the same prop pitch...

No.
This is not a mistake on DJI's part, it's a mistake on people not learning what the 9450 means.

No.
This is not a mistake on DJI's part, it's a mistake on people not learning what the 9450 means.

Sorry, disagree - I'm sure DJI will need to cycle a bunch of warranty complaints caused by using the wrong prop, which shouldn't have been necessary- my point is, this could have been avoided in some fashion.

Of course, we all have the responsibility to learn such things, but why not make it easier?

Sorry, disagree - I'm sure DJI will need to cycle a bunch of warranty complaints caused by using the wrong prop, which shouldn't have been necessary- my point is, this could have been avoided in some fashion.

Of course, we all have the responsibility to learn such things, but why not make it easier?

I'm with you, industry standards state any difference in form, fit or function necessitates at least a rev number or means to identify unique part.....

They are different threads - different part number, rev whatever.

They are not the same 9450's from the P2V+

The new props have composite hubs which make them girth shafts better.

You can buy 9450s with an open hub instead of the self-tightening hub. If a revision or version number "should be required", then they should also have to change the designation to 9450CW and 9450CCW so that you know which way it faces. Also add an ST at the end to say that it is self-tightening. Then we will need an M or a C to say whether it is a metal or composite hub. So for the DJI Phantom 3 you require the 9450CWSTC and 9450CCWSTC. ****, forgot about the material, so you need N for nylon or C for carbon, and whatever other material needs lettering too. Colour, we can't forget the colour which will add another character or two. This is getting quite long...

Good thing it is just size/pitch instead of a model or part number. (Which for the Phantom 3 you want "Part 9".)

Reactions: acherman
People are looking for vendors that can supply what they need and DJI is unable to do that at this time.. Order props and you might get them in two weeks to a month if you are lucky. So many are dodging that web site and trying to order from dealers and quasi-dealers, and everyone trying to make a buck on Ebay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic