Using a HOLYSTONE RID on a Phantom 4

Reaction score
My P4 needs a RID device to be FAA compliant. I acquired a HOLYSTONE RID. Instructions state to use Drone Go2 app to enter drone ID data into the RID unit. I use iPad for drone controller. I do not own a cell phone. Where and how can I acquire Drone Go2 app to program the RID. Apple store site on iPad does not have it. Apple store on internet says available for iPhones only . Google Play on internet not available because "You don't have any devices". My ipad is several years old. I played around on the iPad settings and found update to iPad 15 so I am in process of it installing now. After updating to 15, will this enable my iPad to be compatible to acquire Drone Go2 app? If not how can I get the needed app?

Reactions: RodPad
Welcome to the forum!

All of those questions, I not going to have much help.

Google Play is for Androids
iPad 15 means the version?
My iPhone mini 12 is using 16.6.

I wound think somebody would ask witch iPad you have.

Rod ..

Rod, Thanks for reading my post. I solved the problem by updating the iPad to the very latest version, same as what is currently on brand new iPads. I went to App store and it had the Drone Go2 app listed , so I downloaded it and was able to program the HOLYSTONE RID. And it works!

Thank you!!

Here is the deal, you need to hang around here and help others. :)
That's what makes these forums work so good.

I will be looking for you. 👍👌

Rod ..

You probalby already know that you should not use the velcro that came with the Holy Stone unit.
Buy some really good velcro. Also be careful where you place the unit. Here is where I placed mine:

Attachments

• 20240420_121827.jpg
    20240420_121827.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 22
Thank you!!

Here is the deal, you need to hang around here and help others. :)
That's what makes these forums work so good.

I will be looking for you. 👍👌

Rod ..
You probalby already know that you should not use the velcro that came with the Holy Stone unit.
Buy some really good velcro. Also be careful where you place the unit. Here is where I placed mine:
Thanks for the tip about velcro and suggested location for RID unit. Before I fly I'll be certain that the RID unit is securely mounted on the Phantom.

Thanks for the tip about velcro and suggested location for RID unit. Before I fly I'll be certain that the RID unit is securely mounted on the Phantom.
I also wanted to make sure it would fall off, so flew in around the backyard with some hard movements and it stayed on fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94