Zoom On P3P? Any apps?

Reaction score
I cannot find a zoom on DJI Go app. Am I missing it or is it just not there?

Are there any other app's if it does not that do allow a digital zoom? I want to be able to see a little closer on my high up shots as I try not to spook animals. But screen is hard without zoom even on iPad air 2 to see deer from almost higher attitudes.

Just to be able to zoom in on part of the screen would be amazing feature I would buy a different app if one has it.

I don't believe that the current software/camera can support zoom.

I don't believe that the current software/camera can support zoom.

That is what I was thinking. Someone should add digital zoom where an app can zoom in on certain parts of video. Just use fingers and squeeze in or something.

I like getting longer shot's of nature and flying higer (under 400 feet) works great after shot, but hard as heck to spot a dear on a ipad at 400 feet. I got a good 20 seconds of a piece of trash thinking I got another deer.... was a laugh but brought up I really can't tell at that height exact on small objects or animals.

I don't know, but if you record in 4k can you enlarge then crop to simulate zoom?

Reactions: buford
The cam does not have optical nor digital zoom. As suggested above ... one can take hires image and crop the "zoom area" of interest ... a manual digital zoom of sorts. The resulting lower res image might be still good for your application ... all depends on what you need to do with it.

If you try changing the aspect ratio - that alters the apparent zoom. I think 16:9 is higher than 4:3, although it may only apply to stills.

If you try changing the aspect ratio - that alters the apparent zoom. I think 16:9 is higher than 4:3, although it may only apply to stills.
Changing aspect ratio simply trims a bit off the top and bottom of the stills you take.
It does nothing zoom-like and won't help the OP with his query.

There is no zoom and the Phantom has a very wideangle lens.
It's not a super spy machine and if you want to see things closer ... you have to get closer.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Changing aspect ratio simply trims a bit off the top and bottom of the stills you take.
It does nothing zoom-like and won't help the OP with his query.

There is no zoom and the Phantom has a very wideangle lens.
It's not a super spy machine and if you want to see things closer ... you have to get closer.
Agreed. People already think we are spying on them. Bring it down from altitude is the only way. Then the deer might know you are there. But. At least you get them in the video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Zoom feature would make these insanely high $$$$

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Crop from 4K to 1080p is the only method of zooming (digital zooming).

If you have a P3P and record in 4K, you can always use a transparent sheet and draw a 1080p rectangular overlay on your GO app screen. Each screen size is different so i wont be able to tell you what size the overlay needs to be (1080p is roughly 1/4 of 4K).
The overlay mask will help you stay focus and estimate what can be framed and will minimize post editing for subject tracking. Keep movements smooth as cropping down 1080 will create more jittery movements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20