Zoom feature? How?

Reaction score
Hi, earlier I saw a video of someone being able to zoom digitally while the phantom was in camera mode. I believe he zoomed by pinching in and out on the screen. I tried this earlier today and it didn't work? Am I missing something? Do I have to enable something to be able to do this or is this a beta program only some have access to?

Yes, it works fine on my P4, I like it. When recording video in 1080 you have up to a 2X zoom capability, and it doesn't lose much clarity, even though it's digital zoom. I think this is because they are cropping the 4K sensor, so the result is a native 1080, it looks pretty darn good. If you're using 2.7K resolution to video, the zoom is less. The only downside is the zoom action is not smooth, it looks really jerky if you leave the zoom action in the video. Most will edit out the zoom in and out action since it looks so cheesy. If you touch and spread your fingers fast, it will go from 1X to 2X instantly, which doesn't look bad, and vice versa, pinch FAST to go from 2X to 1X is OK too. This leaves out the jerky steps from 1.0 to 1.2, to 1.3, etc.

Reactions: JWH and rfaaj
Ok. Awesome. I thought that's what I did but nothing happened except the exposure circle popped up. I'll try again..thanks.

Does this work on the P3A? Mine is returning from DJI today.

For the love of god, how do I get this feature to work? I tried every single video resolution. I tried recording then not recording. I tried pinching in, then out. Slow, then fast, absolutely nothing happens. No zooming. What am I not understanding?

Reactions: P4PCommander
For the love of god, how do I get this feature to work? I tried every single video resolution. I tried recording then not recording. I tried pinching in, then out. Slow, then fast, absolutely nothing happens. No zooming. What am I not understanding?
On your screen! Pinch In, Pinch out!

I am pinching on my screen, nothing happens. Only thing I see is the yellow exposure circle pops up..?

You must be in 1080P for the feature to work. Check your resolution.

Just tried. Nothing happens. Maybe cause I have android(samsung galaxy s6 edge)?
Be sure your running the latest go app 2.7.1 for android. I would suggest that you uninstall the app and re install.

Nope, still not working. I reinstalled and tried again. Only thing that happens is the yellow exposure circle pops up or the blue circle pops up and my gimble moves up or down. I tried pinching in, out, slow and fast. Nothing.

Currently the go app will not zoom in camera picture mode. If this is what you are trying to do, then your out of luck for now until the next update for this.
In video mode, you will be able to use the Zoom feature.

Last edited:
I'm in video mode. I tried both recording and not recording while trying. Tried every resolution and combination. Screw it. I give up.

I'm in video mode. I tried both recording and not recording while trying. Tried every resolution and combination. Screw it. I give up.
No worries, Give it another try later. All I know is that my personal P4 is doing it's thing. I love it! Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav