Zippy 2800 fly time

Reaction score
Guys, I`m impressed using a 2800 Zippy battery, it lasts so long. Why would I then use 2 at the same time? I can take a lot of photos in 10 minutes, I haven`t tried it to its red signal state yet. I bought a battery balancer that shows 11.55v after I flew 6 minutes, does it mean it used less than half of the battery charge? I`m impressed :D

My Phantom has the gimbal, GP3B, FPV transmitter in mount and even the twin racks for double batteries. Normal stock batts don`t last as long!

They are a crazy tight fit, advantage is if you get 8t in even if the door opened it wouldnt come out. :lol:

I have been using these and storm 2700 30c batteries both pretty much the same flight time around 8 min with my heavy setup. The storm is a better fit but as I bought 5 zippy's I have cut a slightly larger opening and am now just flying either these or the storms.

I use clear tape to hold the battery door, since I use the Phantom as a camera rig it doesn`t matter. I`ve been getting incredible shots, look at this one today:

ttba.jpg

I didn`t edit the photo so you get a feel of the phantom, balance cable hanging! Only one issue, I had a yacht get close to the beach and did a photo shoot, since my FPV camera arrives in a few days, I could not see what I was doing so it didn`t do well. Shooting a boat in the ocean is almost impossible without FPV, the angles are too hard to measure.

martcerv said:
They are a crazy tight fit, advantage is if you get 8t in even if the door opened it wouldnt come out. :lol:

I have been using these and storm 2700 30c batteries both pretty much the same flight time around 8 min with my heavy setup. The storm is a better fit but as I bought 5 zippy's I have cut a slightly larger opening and am now just flying either these or the storms.

That looks like an amazing location, you should be able to somehow tuck that cable in or use some velcro to keep it out of shot. I put mine back inside the door though its nit that easy to do.

rotorhead42 said:
I use clear tape to hold the battery door, since I use the Phantom as a camera rig it doesn`t matter. I`ve been getting incredible shots, look at this one today:

......., since my FPV camera arrives in a few days, I could not see what I was doing so it didn`t do well. Shooting a boat in the ocean is almost impossible without FPV, the angles are too hard to measure.

Hey you can use your GoPro as FPV at the same time. Just need a simple wire for output the signal to VTX .

I did use the GPHB for FPV but for some reason using FPV degraded the video and photo quality being recorded, I don`t know why.
I ordered a separate simple wide angle camera that`s virtually weightless, to allow the GoPro to do its job.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik