Zenmuse Upgrade Board Problem

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry to randomly sign up and start asking questions but It really is not my week!

So I excitedly bought the Phantom, GCU board and Zenmuse Gimbal..

The Phantom was dead on arrival (faulty GPS + Compass) which was replaced by BYOD..

I've now got my Zenmuse gimbal so I wired up the upgrade board, power up the phantom, GoPro comes to life and the gimbal doesn't move

So I fired up the assistant software and low and behold my GCU upgrade board has got a firmware issue :( the GCU loader version shows as 26.0.0, firmware 0.0.0.0 and the hardware ID is gobbledygook :( and to confuse matters with the upgrade board my GPS module shows as version 0.0,0.0 and doesn't work :(

Any suggestions guys? :)

Hi, I think that is a hardware problem. I try to install my upgrade kit and my new board have the same issue . On Assistance Software, I saw that my GPS and compass aren't recognized! So I sent a mail to my dealer and ask another board...

In assistance software, when you clic on IOC tab, there is a sentence: GPS needed ?

I have encountered similar problems with the upgrade board. My findings are as follows...
-Both 3.14 and 3.16 firmware versions are giving me strange Hardware ID's and Firmware versions for the GPS/GCU
-Probably as a result of the bung firmware, GPS (from the link on the upgrade board) is not detected by the Phantom or the Naza-M assistant software.
-The Gimbal powers/charges my gopro when battery is plugged into the Phantom but is not responding to commands (even after calibrations and Gimbal swicth set to ON.)
-Default Parameters and a complete re-calibration has come up unsuccessful.

So now thanks to the upgrade board and its poor firmware... My new Gimbal doesn't work and ive completely lost GPS. great....
Have contacted my dealer.

Any help appreciated

Yeah yeah, the same problem that i had here!! But gimbal need IOC to work, and when the GPS and doesn't work IOC doesn't work too... Contact your dealer!!

Juzeric said:
I have encountered similar problems with the upgrade board. My findings are as follows...
-Both 3.14 and 3.16 firmware versions are giving me strange Hardware ID's and Firmware versions for the GPS/GCU
-Probably as a result of the bung firmware, GPS (from the link on the upgrade board) is not detected by the Phantom or the Naza-M assistant software.
-The Gimbal powers/charges my gopro when battery is plugged into the Phantom but is not responding to commands (even after calibrations and Gimbal swicth set to ON.)
-Default Parameters and a complete re-calibration has come up unsuccessful.

So now thanks to the upgrade board and its poor firmware... My new Gimbal doesn't work and ive completely lost GPS. great....
Have contacted my dealer.

Any help appreciated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr