zenmuse. upgrade board. mac computer. go pro only faces down

Ksc

Reaction score
Just connected the zenmuse. I had a hobby shop connect the upgrade board for me. I only have mac computers in the house. Currently the zenmuse is only pointing the camera down. the 7ch channel tilt that came with the upgrade board does nothing. Do I need to get it connected to a computer to get it to work? I'm hoping you say no since I'll have to wait until monday to get in front of a PC.

Re: zenmuse. upgrade board. mac computer. go pro only faces

Yes you need a PC to update the firmware and activate the gimbal switch and calibrate your X1 ch.

Yes you need to connect vis USB and run DJI Assistant SW. But no, you don't *have* to use a PC.

There are alternatives to using a PC, though they may not help the OP at the moment. A search of this and other forums (multirotorforums.com, rcgroups.com) for DJI Phantom and Mac OS X will turn up reports of using Parallels, Fusion, and Bootcamp to run Windows on Mac Hhw. You may need to fool around some to get the Windows drivers to install (may need to have Phantom connected via USB first to get drivers to install?). So you don't need a separate PC IF you are willing to use one of these to run Windows alongside OS X (1st two) or alone as dual-boot (Bootcamp). See for example [http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1579606]

I faced this several months ago and ended up just buying an inexpensive Sony laptop. I don't really want to take my MacBook Pro into the field, but I view the PC as 'expendable'. Of course you might never need to attach to a computer to reconfigure or troubleshoot in the field, depending upon your flight profiles and objectives.

Steve

Mike1390 said:
Yes you need a PC to update the firmware and activate the gimbal switch and calibrate your X1 ch.

Mike1390 said:

Just to be clear on a couple things since this is a special case:

• With the upgrade board, there is no GCU (it's embedded), so there is no firmware upgrade process yet. The current embedded firmware that will show on the Upgrade tab in NAZA Assistant (1.0.0.9) is the most recent. Nothing to upgrade there.
  • With the Zenmuse, you do not turn on the gimbal control in NAZA Assistant. That's for third-party gimbals that need pitch and roll data from the NAZA on the F1 and F2 channels, which the Zenmuse does not. On the Gimbal tab, leave it turned OFF.
You will however need to run the NAZA Assistant (either on a PC or Mac) to be able to calibrate your X1 channel, as mentioned. Hope that helps.

my upgrade board came with 3.14 not 4.0

I just upgraded my Phantom with GCU and the H3-2D gimbal

When i turn the 7th channel on the controller nothing happens.
Is there any way to set the value of the X1 manually?

There is not -- but in your case I don't think that would work anyway. If turning the pot doesn't move the gimbal then either something is wrong in your install, or the Zenmuse or the GCU/PMU are defective. I would go back and make sure all the connections are correct, especially the CAN BUS cable between the PMU and the GCU, as well as the 8-pin connector between the GCU and the Zenmuse. Something is not right.

I've checked all the cables, even replaced the naza.

Seems like the problem is within the controller itself. Like it doesn't transmit the 7th channel.

I imported the default settings from DJI and now the camera is pointing forward, but still no movement when turning the dial.

Maybe someone can make a config-file with the X1 calibration pointing a little down?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.