Zenmuse H4-3D announced at CES

Guess I know what I will be buying for my backup Phantom 2. Any idea when it is available?

Unless you have made modifications to both gimbal and camera, you are likely not getting the best results and are putting excessive strain on the gimbal. An H4-3D gimbal will fix both of those issues.

It had better be configurable to accommodate an ND filter without adding weights in odd places. Not holding my breath on that one.

ianwood said:
Unless you have made modifications to both gimbal and camera, you are likely not getting the best results and are putting excessive strain on the gimbal. An H4-3D gimbal will fix both of those issues.

It had better be configurable to accommodate an ND filter without adding weights in odd places. Not holding my breath on that one.

Bingo....I hate putting weights on my gimbal and without them my picture isnt PERFECTLY level. I'll be first in line to buy this....Also, key to point out here that this is the exact reason I didnt grind an opening in my 2nd H3-3D...resale would have dropped quite a bit, I'd bet. Stuck with a small piece of tape and glad I did.

I've been waiting for this gimbal for 2 months, can't wait to see the specs and pull the trigger on the GP 4 Black :)

I just bought one and the stabilization seems to be much better than the H3-2D that's what I had before. The only difference is that it hangs quite close to the ground.i am not happy with the plug in ribbon it plugs into the USB on the GoPro I liked the pin plug from the back much better, this ribbon is cheesy and if you should have a minor crash, there goes the gimbal.....
I am using a GoPro 3+ Black

Joeg1937 said:
I just bought one and the stabilization seems to be much better than the H3-2D that's what I had before. The only difference is that it hangs quite close to the ground.i am not happy with the plug in ribbon it plugs into the USB on the GoPro I liked the pin plug from the back much better, this ribbon is cheesy and if you should have a minor crash, there goes the gimbal.....
I am using a GoPro 3+ Black
The h4-3d is for the hero 4 black not the hero 3, h3-3d is the one you should got.

I am using a GoPro 3+ Black[/quote]
The h4-3d is for the hero 4 black not the hero 3, h3-3d is the one you should got.[/quote]

Beg to differ with you but the GoPro black 3+ can be used on either gimbal.....

I bought my Phantom 2 V2 with H4-3D about a month go. I have a Hero4 Silver. It balances just fine, but it bothers me that the counterweight is slightly heavier (by about 4 grams, it is made for a Hero 4 Black). I grounded down a nickel (cost me 5 cents!) until I got it to weigh 3.75 grams. Put it on top of the gopro with duct tape and balances just fine. I think I could do without the nickel, but I just don't want the gimbal to work harder than it should.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic