Zenmuse H3-3D, YAW not working.

Reaction score
Hi.

Bought a used H3-3D online. Hooked it up, used the "anti-interference" board and it powers on. But the YAW motor does not seem to do anything. I have tried to update everything, nothing gets any better. The YAW axis does not seem to do the "startup-test"

Any ideas, or anybody had this problem?

Also, the pitch engine seems to make a squeaky sound. Is that dangerous for the gimbal?

Best regard

Oyvind

Mine had a similar problem that was fixed by tightening a screw. If your gimbal seems to slide up and down about a cm on the vertical center post then you have the same issue. you can also turn the drone upside down, if the arm kind of locks in place and wont pan anymore then you def have the same problem. Turn it back on it's feet and pan the gimbal all of the way to the left (the drones left) and you will see a small allen screw that becomes exposed near the top of the gimbal where the arm pivots on its axis (you might have to flip it back upside down to see the screw. That screw will lock the arm back into the motor movement. Use the right size (no idea what it is?) and do not strip this sucker out. =)

Hi.

Bought a used H3-3D online. Hooked it up, used the "anti-interference" board and it powers on. But the YAW motor does not seem to do anything. I have tried to update everything, nothing gets any better. The YAW axis does not seem to do the "startup-test"

Also, the pitch engine seems to make a squeaky sound. Is that dangerous for the gimbal?

Best regard

Oyvind

When you first startup the P2 with the RC turned on the gimbal will self calibrate but it will not pan left or right when calibrating. Now if you move the yaw stick (left stick) right or left the gimbal will track and that's what it suppose to do.

One suggestion either buy the longer landing gear or snap on extensions or be prepared to either replace a damaged gimbal, camera or both. Just a word of warning.

YAW motor was broken. Got the seller to get it fixed (warranty). Now the gimbal works great! :)
Thanks for respons anyways.

YAW motor was broken. Got the seller to get it fixed (warranty). Now the gimbal works great! :)
Thanks for respons anyways.
Did you eventually figure out what the problem is? Mine was working fine when it was plugged into my computer, I took it up to the field I fly at and suddenly the motor was dead. If there is an easy way to fix this, that'd be great.

Did you eventually figure out what the problem is? Mine was working fine when it was plugged into my computer, I took it up to the field I fly at and suddenly the motor was dead. If there is an easy way to fix this, that'd be great.

Did you check that the gimbal cable was full seated? Normally when the P2 is first turned on the gimbal will calibrate itself and if that isn't happening then you have no power going to it.

Did you check that the gimbal cable was full seated? Normally when the P2 is first turned on the gimbal will calibrate itself and if that isn't happening then you have no power going to it.
The bottom two motors are firing, but the yaw motor is completely dead, exactly as in the above video. It is a brand new gimbal, and was working fine 20 minutes before it stopped working. There was no change in any setting between the working/not working times, so this is very frustrating. I have tried resetting the gimbal, updating the firmware, and checked the connections, all of which are good. I don't want to send it for repair, as I have heard that takes months. Is there anything left to try?

The bottom two motors are firing, but the yaw motor is completely dead, exactly as in the above video. It is a brand new gimbal, and was working fine 20 minutes before it stopped working. There was no change in any setting between the working/not working times, so this is very frustrating. I have tried resetting the gimbal, updating the firmware, and checked the connections, all of which are good. I don't want to send it for repair, as I have heard that takes months. Is there anything left to try?

Turn on the RC and move the yaw stick left and right there should be a very small amount of movement in both directions. Also connect the P2 up to the computer and the advanced tab go into gimbal and if the FPV box is checked uncheck it.

There is no movement at all when the phantom should be turning. FPV is not checked, and the sliders under the gimbal tab are set 50/0/0 per another post.

There is no movement at all when the phantom should be turning. FPV is not checked, and the sliders under the gimbal tab are set 50/0/0 per another post.

Does it do it's calibration when the P2 is turned on?

What about when you move the yaw stick left and right? When you turn on the P2 there is no real left/right movement in the gimbals calibration only when the yaw stick is moved.

OP's video is not the way to check the yaw movement that's what the controller is for and the whole idea behind the third motor was to make the turns smoother.

Connect the RC to your computer and make sure it is in mode 2

Does it do it's calibration when the P2 is turned on?
The bottom two motors do their calibration thing on startup, the top one is dead and free spinning.

What about when you move the yaw stick left and right? When you turn on the P2 there is no real left/right movement in the gimbals calibration only when the yaw stick is moved.

OP's video is not the way to check the yaw movement that's what the controller is for and the whole idea behind the third motor was to make the turns smoother.

I was hoping to avoid a replacement, but I guess that is the only option. The motor does not work at all, let alone when I rotate the quadcopter with the control.

Connect the RC to your computer and make sure it is in mode 2
It is in mode 2. I think it is a burned motor, but I don't know how or why it is burned, as it worked fine 20 minutes before it didn't work with no software changes and no damage whatsoever.

Who did you buy it from?

I'd call them Monday for RMA they do have a quad repair department for equipment they sell. Then they may just send you a new unit.

I'd call them Monday for RMA they do have a quad repair department for equipment they sell. Then they may just send you a new unit.
Thanks for your help! I'll call B&H, though I already opened a support ticket with DJI. If B&H can't do anything, I'll continue with (sigh) DJI.

Thanks for your help! I'll call B&H, though I already opened a support ticket with DJI. If B&H can't do anything, I'll continue with (sigh) DJI.

What do you mean B&H cannot do anything? Didn't you tell me you bought it from them. Was it just the gimbal or the whole quad and how how long ago?

Hi.

Best regard

Oyvind
I've actually been experiencing the same issues. Grub screw is fully tightened. Also mine makes a squeeking sound and I've identified it's on the tilt axis (the one you can control with the controller) and in some possitions it doesn't make the squeeking noise. I've heard something wear you have to face the done at exactly 0 degrees or exactly north. This has not worked for me. Also controller sticks don't affect the pan/yaw. I'm going to replace the motor. Do you know anyweany I can buy the motor itself?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj