Zenmuse h3-3d problems

Reaction score
New to the forum. I have a P2, Fat Shark Attitude, GoPro3+ and a failing h3-3d. All worked well for six weeks and now the gimbal seems to initialize upon P2 power-on and then after a second or two the gimbal points straight down and is unresponsive to the radio lever. The gimbal seems to be working fine. Just in a straight down position. Any ideas as to what could have happened? (no crashes) :shock:

make sure your transmitter is paired to the craft. plug your craft into naza phantom 2 software. click on the basic tab then the R/C tab under it. do an X1 calibration just move the gimbal tilt lever 3-5 times fully from top to bottom after clicking start next to X1 calibration. hope this helps :)

It's weird, I had a problem similar where I was flying and all of a sudden the gimbal points downward very quickly, then back up and all was fine. Not sure if maybe there was radio interference? Maybe a frequency is interrupting your phantom?

Phantom Phixer said:
make sure your transmitter is paired to the craft. plug your craft into naza phantom 2 software. click on the basic tab then the R/C tab under it. do an X1 calibration just move the gimbal tilt lever 3-5 times fully from top to bottom after clicking start next to X1 calibration. hope this helps :)

+1 couple other things to check - there's been reports of lever in Tx not making solid contact or coming loose from pot. To check take Tx back panel off and manually turning pot wit small screw driver. The other thing to check is ribbon cable connection on back of gimbal & inside to board.

Thx for all of the help. As it turns out, I am getting no X1 movement or at least very very sporadic. I did take the controller apart and moved the pot manually with no displayed X1 movement on the software. I must assume that the X1 pot is flakey. I did check connection on the P2 interference board as well.

Obviously, I still have no gimbal control. Anyone have luck with DJI service? Can controllers be purchased separately? The P2 is only a few months old but I have no idea as to how long the warranty period is. :cry:

Ideas?

Thanks again.

The components in the controller are weak at best. I have had an S1 switch failure and 2 X1 pot failures. I replaced the S1 and S2 switches with double pole to have redundant contacts. I am planning on desodering the X1 pot and replacing it with a hole mount and lever on the back of the case where the stock lever is.

bschaub said:
Thx for all of the help. As it turns out, I am getting no X1 movement or at least very very sporadic. I did take the controller apart and moved the pot manually with no displayed X1 movement on the software. I must assume that the X1 pot is flakey. I did check connection on the P2 interference board as well.

Obviously, I still have no gimbal control. Anyone have luck with DJI service? Can controllers be purchased separately? The P2 is only a few months old but I have no idea as to how long the warranty period is. :cry:

Ideas?

Thanks again.

I'd contact your selling dealer and explain the situation. Btw you can purchase controllers new and even some on ebay

I now find that the vendor will replace the entire P2 package. Thx again for the help folks. Case closed.

if You have some free time - I REALLY recommend the "KNOBMOD" instead of original lever.. It brings H33D to a completely new level!

Can you provide a link or more info on the KNOBMOD. Google doesn't come up with anything of value for me. Thx

I received my new P2 and radio today and after hooking/wiring everything back up I find that the gimbal does work. The prior problem was the failure of the X1 pot inside the Tx after a month of use. It was not lack of contact with the lever. Using a screw driver with an opened radio, I found that the pot did not move the gimbalor the diag software. Again, thanks to all who helped narrow this problem down beyond the obvious 'dead gimbal'.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj