Zenmuse H3 3D problem

Reaction score
Hello, I have a zenmuse H3 3D on Phantom 2 and yesterday morning when I turned on the Phantom, the gimbal was dead, it didnt move at all.The gopro led turns on but nothing else.I've seen a tutorial where somebody with a problem similar to mine did a short circuit and after that it started working again.I tried but it still doesn't work.Before buying another zenmuse I wonder if I solve the problem or if it might be the Phantom motherboard.

Hello, I have a zenmuse H3 3D on Phantom 2 and yesterday morning when I turned on the Phantom, the gimbal was dead, it didnt move at all.The gopro led turns on but nothing else.I've seen a tutorial where somebody with a problem similar to mine did a short circuit and after that it started working again.I tried but it still doesn't work.Before buying another zenmuse I wonder if I solve the problem or if it might be the Phantom motherboard.

Try this factory reset.

If all else fails consider to contact this guy, I had H33D badly damaged, bent shafts, etc, he repaired it to like new condition, super nice guy, can't speak highly enough of his service..
USDRONEREPAIR

hi. I have tried the hard reset trick several times now, it turned the led red/orange like it should, but on the assistant software was no available update. after turning the phantom2 off and on, the zenmuse led went back to green and stayed limp... any help?

hi. I have tried the hard reset trick several times now, it turned the led red/orange like it should, but on the assistant software was no available update. after turning the phantom2 off and on, the zenmuse led went back to green and stayed limp... any help?

Go into the upgrades in the P2 software and see if the gimbal is even recognized. If it isn't there then you will need to login into DJI for the upgrade.

Upgrade Page_04.jpg

Thx Jason. Yes it appears on the list but not as to be upgraded... do you know what else I could try? I live in a Argentina where we have not the option to ship something to the US to a manufacturer or dealer for a repair

I was looking for that firmware on the dji web but did not find for mac... only for pc... do you know if there is for mac a driver/firmware?

Sorry perhaps I just to stupid... but I can not find the firmware for the gimbal... a took a screenshot for you to see it's only for windows not for mac

Attachments

• IMG_2439.PNG
    IMG_2439.PNG
    98 KB · Views: 470
Sorry perhaps I just to stupid... but I can not find the firmware for the gimbal... a took a screenshot for you to see it's only for windows not for mac

Unfortunately there is no zenmuse gimbal firmware available for Mac computers on this site. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography. Either contact DJI for a solution.

Now if you know someone with a PC or even a tablet with either windows 7 or 8.1 OS that you borrow to download all the firmware for the P2 including the windows drive and firmware for the gimbal. The only drawback to this is that you would have to use a PC/tablet for updates or calibrations.

If this comes up on your screen when you open the P2 software login and you should have the gimbal software available.

P2 Firmware.png

Watch this video.

Screenshot windows

Did you follow this video exactly as shown?

Do get this message when you bring up the P2 assistant software?
p2-firmware-png.75448

Normally when this login comes up when the P2 software is loaded there are updates attached. So if doing the gimbal factory reset doesn't produce the update and you do not see the login as picture above there isn't much that can be done. Your only hope would be to contact DJI support.

Last edited:
Hi... I will repeat the steps from the video. I get that message starting the software app

Hi... I will repeat the steps from the video. I get that message starting the software app

Then why haven't you logged in? Once you have done so if there are any updates you will see them and only load the ones you need. I haven't updated my P2 since they first came out with the Washington DC no fly zone back early 2015.

I just took it for granted that if you checked "remember me" you don't need to log in everytime you ran the assistant...
Now after trying to log in I get this message

Attachments

• IMG_2454.JPG
    IMG_2454.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 478
I just took it for granted that if you checked "remember me" you don't need to log in everytime you ran the assistant...
Now after trying to log in I get this message

Have you ever logged into DJI before? If you have typed in your email address but have forgotten your password just key on the BLUE FORGOT? and follow the instructions to change your password. Now if you have never logged in before then RESGISTER as you need that update for the gimbal.

No, I have registered and logged in on my mac, but somehow my f... PC will not take it.

No, I have registered and logged in on my mac, but somehow my f... PC will not take it.

Which windows OS do you have on your PC?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20