Zenmuse H3-3D on Vison 2+

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus V2 - the Gimbal has gone haywire and if possible I'd like to upgrade to the Zenmuse H3-3D and benefit from attaching a go pro. I'm having a hard time finding out if it's actually possible on the 2 Vision+.

Everything I've looked up points to either the Phantom 2 or the Phantom 2 Vision. But nothing specifically to the Phantom 2 Vision Plus. What I don't want to do is spend close to $400 for a gimbal that I can't attach with minimal trouble.

Can you attach the Zenmuse H3-3D with the stock 8 pin cable from the stock gimbal and get power and a functional gimbal. I realize I'll lose the ability to transmit live video via the app. But that never worked reliably anyway.

Thanks

I's easy to use the HD-3D on the p2v+. You lose the ability to start and stop videos and I have yet to find the solution to use the 7ch/tilt once the app is bond to the camera. In short - no tilt control.

Burke

I think I saw some posts on the RCgroups thread that they got tilt working but that may have just been before running the app.
Have you tried configuring the Phantom to tell it you have an upgraded remote? It may work with the wheel on the new remotes but not through the app.

The guys over at dronepxert.nl seem to have gotten tilt working through the app but their hardware is too expensive.

Thanks cahutch,
In the advance mode does give me some 7ch tilt with the app on and binded. It not a position command but more of a velocity command. So you move the lever and the camera tilts, when you get to the position you want you must precisely center the 7ch level to stop the motion or it still drifts. I will take this. So I now have a P2V+ with a HD-3D & gopro silver 3 with telemetry and tilts functionality. Manageable. This is what I wanted before buying the DJI inclusive system. Thanks again.

When people mention the thumbwheel for the 7ch I believe this is a spring loaded to neutral wheel. No I need to figure how to do this to the lever or add a detent to keep it from drifting when off neutral

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1