zenmuse h3-3d Help? random flip to side?

Reaction score
Hello
So I havent been flying for couple months and decided to other day well phantom 2 with zenmuse h3-3d, so I get it out and fly and randomly few minutes into flight the whole gimble just flops too the left the side without motor with hero 3 gopro, So i figured id take inside and upgrade software and honestly cant remember what I had on there before anyways i tried factory reset and used assistant and neither has helped at all.Ive never had this gimbal act up before.. It will flop to side and stay there and couple seconds flip back.. Anyone ever had same issue ? Any suggestions or is there better gimbal that supports the gopro 3?
Thanks folks

Hello
So I havent been flying for couple months and decided to other day well phantom 2 with zenmuse h3-3d, so I get it out and fly and randomly few minutes into flight the whole gimble just flops too the left the side without motor with hero 3 gopro, So i figured id take inside and upgrade software and honestly cant remember what I had on there before anyways i tried factory reset and used assistant and neither has helped at all.Ive never had this gimbal act up before.. It will flop to side and stay there and couple seconds flip back.. Anyone ever had same issue ? Any suggestions or is there better gimbal that supports the gopro 3?
Thanks folks

For starters connect the P2 to the assistant then go to the upgrade page an see if the gimbal is even recognized as in this photo..Notice v1.0.0.12 is latest firmware update for your gimbal
Upgrade Page_04.jpg

Have you checked the cable feeding the gimbal to make sure it's fully seated? Watch the following factory reset video again then try the reset again. A check that the LED on the camera plate is lit.

If everything checks out and it still isn't working there is only one other possibility that you might have an intermittent ribbon cable connecting all the gimbals motors.

well i did try your tips and i appreciate that. I tried but I bought a new one and lol after yr not crashing or anything I put new one on and for some odd reason my drone coming towards me at decline angle just dropped like rock and hit so hard battery flew out of it. So im confused what could happen. I was flying night and not sure if it was a vortek ring state. So far ive been able to bend gimble back and the top motor and movement for side to side jammed up and had to slide it back down. Im shocked it did that

thank you jason for tips though.. now ill go cry since phantom crashed lol it about make u sick considering money you spend

well i did try your tips and i appreciate that. I tried but I bought a new one and lol after yr not crashing or anything I put new one on and for some odd reason my drone coming towards me at decline angle just dropped like rock and hit so hard battery flew out of it. So im confused what could happen. I was flying night and not sure if it was a vortek ring state. So far ive been able to bend gimble back and the top motor and movement for side to side jammed up and had to slide it back down. Im shocked it did that

thank you jason for tips though.. now ill go cry since phantom crashed lol it about make u sick considering money you spend

Connect the P2 to the assistant software and do an advanced IMU under the tools tab once completed take it outside and do a compass cal.

This seems a common fault with the H3-3D gimbal, mines started doing it, looking at Youtube vids all of the above didnt help.

It's really not at all a common problem with H3-3D gimbal but they are sensitive to added weight like Hero 4 or ND filters. Some times even the a gust of wind can cause the gimbal to stop functioning momentarily. Try to counterbalance your gimbal small coin/weight on either the tilt motor or the left side of the cameras mounting plate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl