Zenmuse H3-2D lever and gimbal limits

Great question.

I'm in the same boat. I think it is just a simple pot that the lever controls so it should be posable to drill a hole in the remote case and add a new pot with a decent knob that can then have visible positions marked on the controller shell. Add a fixed resistor to remove the un needed range and the pot can have fine control me thinks.

Let me know how you get on on the other forum if you get great answers :)

I'd like to know the answer to this question also! The upper limit on the gimbal is way too high and the lever doesn't seem to be very accurate, or maybe it's just too sensitive to set reliably. I tried calibrating it in the software by intentionally setting the upper limit to half, but that didn't make any difference. We need a way to set the upper and lower stops of the gimbal.

same with mine i have marked the limits on the lever that i want but the gimbal never stops where i think it will be.either looking at the props of part facing down .is there a way to accurately stop it ?

I also sent an email to dji support last weekend.
No answer yet.

I pasted a little piece of plastic in that 'useless' angle beside the lever.

same thing here just tried to set it but a big no go .one thing i have noted is that when the go pro faces down the gimbal buzzes ?

Same here. Very frustrating at the lack of linear movement based on the X1 control, regardless of calibration in NAZA Assistant. I am probably going to remove the stock pot and solder in a replacement knob and pot.

Might be same issue discussed here

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8220

I had to update the IMU and gimbal firmware and recalibrate the X1 channel (the lever on the back of the transmitter) by connecting the transmitter to the RC Assistant (different application than the Assistant software you update the Phantom with). Once again, information and update procedures are very confusing.

Hope this helps

I replaced the 5k Lin pot with a decent one and it was the same 30 degree movement even with 'calibration' so I did some test and measure experiments using a variety of components and I came up with a far better result using a 1k linear pot and some fixed resistors. Here is my set up: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8399

just spent hours in the kitchen trying different setting on X1 ch but still can't get it to stop mid point so it does not show the **** blades... why would you design a gimbal to face that far up on a phantom..they made the bloody thing for gods sake .....

Totally agree. We should e able to set travel limits. I ordered a linear pot / slider style (the kind you'd use on a sound board / mixer) and am hoping that it will give me better, more repeatable control over the final resting spot of my GoPro angle. Will have to figure out how to best mount onto controller but don't think it'll be prohibitive.

Adam

chrisflyer said:
just spent hours in the kitchen trying different setting on X1 ch but still can't get it to stop mid point so it does not show the **** blades... why would you design a gimbal to face that far up on a phantom..they made the bloody thing for gods sake .....

Have you upgraded to the 1.8 software? The 1.8 software limits the Zen to straight ahead at top position and straight down as bottom position. The movement is quicker than previous software versions but is controlable.

I show to be at the latest levels for everything. Anyone know what's up with this? 1.1.1 with NAZA2 and upgrade board installed.

Phantom1FWInfo.jpg

adam12hicks said:
I show to be at the latest levels for everything. Anyone know what's up with this? 1.1.1 with NAZA2 and upgrade board installed.

Phantom1FWInfo.jpg

Did you go back and calibrate X1 using the RC Assistant while plugged into the transmitter? Then you plug the Phantom into the DJI Assistant (different application). That's how I solved my issue

Yes, I updated the remote via R/C assistant and calibrated. Dunno. Just a little weird, but this thing is always flaky in that regard.

I was experiencing the same limit issues with my Phantom 1.1.1. I tried so many things. I even tried to upgrade the Tx firmware, but that bricked the Tx and now it’s in for repair at DJI’s US HQ. I spoke with DJI support and asked him about the limit settings in the NAZA-M V2 software. He didn’t get into it much, but he said those settings are for aftermarket gimbals, not the Zenmuse. Who knows... I want to be able to set the limits. But, even more so, I want my fixed Tx back... it’s been in for repairs for a few weeks now. Ugh!

Well - fixed mine with a little bit of a non-conventional method, but it works great!

I ordered a 5k Ohm potentiometer from Mouser (P/N: 72-P16NP-5K) - as I liked the look of the knob, and I like how smoothly and controllably it turns. Great quality (not Radio Shack cheap, but nicer product)

Installed it tonight which really wasn't bad. Used the dremel to carefully cut the three posts to the existing pot, then used small pliars to rock the remaining posts free of the mainboard. Put in three small solder points and then soldered in the new potentiometer. My soldering skills are C+ at best, but they do the job and I don't break things :) Still learning.

Anyways, I was able to place marks on the remote for straight down, 45 degree angle, and perfectly straight. Anything past that and the dumb thing stares at the sky. I can always re-calibrate should I find a way to limit the gimbal programmatically. But either way I MUCH prefer this knob and control vs. the goofy rear control.

Recommended for sure!

Adam

PhantomRemoteBoard.JPG

InsideControl.JPG

Knob.JPG

RemotewithMarkings.JPG

And to clarify, anywhere I am in the air, I can quickly move the knob back to the ~50% top center marking and return the camera to a perfect forward facing position. No more guessing at where it is while flying.

Adam12... you Zen IMU 1.4 is not latest software. Latest is 1.8 and to update you have to plug into Zen controller (under lid)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic