Zenmuse H3-2D, GPS no longer working (video)

Reaction score
My Zenmuse H3-2D is not working anymore. It used to work fine, but now is unresponsive and I can't figure out why.

Also the Phantom's GPS is not working and I am unsure if that is a related or separate issue. When connected to the Naza software assistant, it shows no option to enter GPS mode from the transmitter (just ATT-ATT-ATT), nor can I turn on "failsafe return to home" feature because it says it need GPS. When in GPS mode on the transmitter, the Phantom LED continues to blink yellow - confirming GPS mode is not active. Also, I can't switch between GPS and ATT modes 10 times on the transmitter to toggle compass calibration - likely because I'm not actually switching into GPS mode.

Everything is connected in the same way it has been in the past when it worked (roughly 30 flights). Perhaps the Zenmuse or PMU has been fried, which is preventing the GPS from working (since GPS runs through those units).

This video shows the wiring setup and status lights: http://youtu.be/Vwau7_61Y5c

Any ideas?

Hey Jeroam,

Did you find an answer to your GPS problem?

I have just upgraded the Circuit Board to install my H3-2D and everything is fine except my Phantom will not recognise the GPS and just boots into ATTI mode, exactly the same problem as you described.

I would really appreciate any feedback as to how you overcame this problem as I am desperate to fix the issue,

Regards.

Thanks netphreak but I do have it plugged in to the upgrade board as per the instructions. The wires on the board plug into the Naza EXP position and the GPS plugs into a dedicated socket on the board itself. For some reason the Naza is not reading the GPS signal. .?????

All fixed now, I wasn't going mad after all. The upgrade board has a faulty GPS connector.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl