Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbals that haven't failed?

Reaction score
I am really gutted for anyone having problems with the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. Its a lot of hard earned money to spend on something that is supposed to be top of the line kit. I really hope that this is just a glitch and DJI as well as dealers will do the right thing and do right by their customers. That being said, I think what a lot of people are wondering is how many gimbal owners out there have been flying with the gimbal with no problems whatsoever over many flights? Thanks.

-Y

After 8-10 flights total, everthing seems fine here.
I Pre-ordered/purchased from Dronefly. Got it, and installed last Wednesday. I have flown at 4 different locations on 3 different Days since then.
My very first flight had a pretty hard landing because of control issues, but I think it was because I forgot to do the field compass collibration before flight (I was pretty excited about getting it in the air).
And even after having all windy conditions so far, the video is amazing with this gimbal. Hopefuly it stays working. :shock:

I also have noticed that the dJI gimbal installation video has wires being soldered in different locations than in the dronefly video. Does anyone know if this matters?

Thanks for the responses. Seems to be more people with problems with success stories over many flights. I think I'll hold off for a while to see if DJI proves that they are different than a lot of companies these days and do right by their customers.

Yeager said:
Thanks for the responses. Seems to be more people with problems with success stories over many flights. I think I'll hold off for a while to see if DJI proves that they are different than a lot of companies these days and do right by their customers.

Problems are always more vocal. Then remaining are out flying and enjoying.

No problems either. Installed the tilt pot, following Adams video (thanks Adam), Got my fpv working with my Small HD monitor or my Fat Shark. Took it up a few times to check the H3-2D when I first got last week, now it's time to check out the whole **** thing.
Excited

Slugger

After the long wait i received my H3 gimbal - to be certain that i would have no problems i paid 100 bucks to have Dronefly.com install it. Tested it and found that although the gimble worked, i had problems with jelly. I decided to change props and make sure they were balanced perfectly. The next time I went to test it the gimble stopped working. It just goes limp. From what i have read on this forum, I'm not alone. This better get fixed.

cinemabird said:
After the long wait i received my H3 gimbal - to be certain that i would have no problems i paid 100 bucks to have Dronefly.com install it. Tested it and found that although the gimble worked, i had problems with jelly. I decided to change props and make sure they were balanced perfectly. The next time I went to test it the gimble stopped working. It just goes limp. From what i have read on this forum, I'm not alone. This better get fixed.

Try checking the black ribbon cable going to the gimbal. Mine loosened up and of course it wouldn't work. Once I reseated it, I haven't had any problems.

Regards,

Todd

Probably had between 20-30 flights with it and so far still working. The two mornings spend making the video here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1626 is about 10 flights alone.

Its a very good piece of kit but like all electrical / mechanical things some fail.

I would say its worth it though, the install is not as easy as DJI made out but it works once powered up and you're tweaking settings for ever and a day.

installing and configuring was more unpleasant than i expected but that is the fault of DJI for not being forthcoming about the effort required, and mainly for not providing more information and a detailed guide (which wouldn't will them would it?)

however, now that i have it all working properly, it has worked like a charm so far.

two days of flying. 7 batteries worth of flights. excellent footage.

no overheating, no 'quitting mid flight', none of the problems reported in this forum.

keeping my fingers crossed and babying the zenmuse ridiculously!

No problems from mine so far after ~15 flights. Just did a sequence of shots at 14,130 feet of elevation with strong gusting 25-40mph winds and both the Phantom and Zenmuse held up fine. The gimbal did into limp mode once when things got a little nasty but otherwise the footage was amazing considering the conditions. The only thing that really had problems was me from the stress of flying under those conditions.

Mine burned up on about the third outing and from what I've seen it's pretty standard. They clearly released this with either some serious firmware issues or that back motor was badly designed. My supplier told me that DJI was sending them replacement gimbals but it seems to me that they have to build into the firmware a "hibernation" mode that kicks in if the motors start heating up. The Phantom is a very robust product and the thought of having a permanent attachment (there's no easy way of removing the gimbal due to the orientation of the multi-plug) that is so seeming fragile contradicts DJi's whole marketing strategy. We're paying double or triple the other gimbal offerings for the fit and finish similar to the Phantom. It's still a hobbyist's plaything even though so many are making really splendid movies.

My sincere hope is that this new round of gimbals will turn themselves off at the first hint of stress via firmware which oddly enough was supposed to be part of 3.14. We'll see.

Dammit, mine started sqeaking today :-(
Had around 15 perfect flights before that
Sending it back for replacement... Love the thing ... when it works

Sounds like a lot of people are having problems with the gimbal, but it sounds like DJI is working with some dealers to replace? Has anyone had any luck with the new controller board/7th channel lever kit and their gimbal?

I have a Zenmuse H3-2D that fell off my phantom and plummeted to the ground.. The rubber jellies came off (2 stayed with the craft and two stayed with the gimbal) and the cable just came out. The gimbal hit the ground breaking the lens on my Hero3 and tearing the ribbon cable inside the gimbal. Surprisingly, the gimbal motors were not harmed, just the tear in the tiny ribbon cable connecting the interior device components.

I am seriously hoping to find someone who can repair this for me? At a minimum, i need to find a parts dealer to source the little ribbon assembly.

Can Anyone Help???

sbstevesiii said:
I have a Zenmuse H3-2D that fell off my phantom and plummeted to the ground.. The rubber jellies came off (2 stayed with the craft and two stayed with the gimbal) and the cable just came out. The gimbal hit the ground breaking the lens on my Hero3 and tearing the ribbon cable inside the gimbal. Surprisingly, the gimbal motors were not harmed, just the tear in the tiny ribbon cable connecting the interior device components.

I am seriously hoping to find someone who can repair this for me? At a minimum, i need to find a parts dealer to source the little ribbon assembly.

Can Anyone Help???

email DJI directly and tell them what happened. Did you tear the black 8 pin cable? I will be zip tying my zenmuse after reading about your unfortunate event.

4-5mins into my flights the gimbal loses control and resets to default (un-powered like) position. very annoying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1