Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal keeps resetting

Reaction score
During flight my gimbal keeps dropping and then resetting especially at height.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a cure?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MKheng said:

Thanks

Seems there are many problems with the Zenmuse including the one you're having. Other problems; a high pitch squeal from the motors and after plugging in the battery the H3 2D comes to attention and few seconds later falls back to sleep also fast twitching. Considering the amount of money charged for these gimbals, this is unacceptable. Contact your dealer and let them know of the problem and that you want to send it back in for either a new one or refund. I don't think anyone is going to step from behind the curtain with a wand and be able to fix these.

MKheng said:

Thanks

Return immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edunwody said:
MKheng said:

Thanks

Return immediately.

+1

I think I may have found the problem. The cable from my GoPro to FPV TX I think is too heavy. I disconnected it and held the Phantom and situated some banked turns and high rises and turned the axis to look ahead and down and no problem. Connected the lead and problem. Just need to find a lightweight cable now!

MKheng said:
I think I may have found the problem. The cable from my GoPro to FPV TX I think is too heavy. I disconnected it and held the Phantom and situated some banked turns and high rises and turned the axis to look ahead and down and no problem. Connected the lead and problem. Just need to find a lightweight cable now!

That sounds very plausible.

MKheng said:

Keep us posted.

boat chaser said:
I've found it enters hibernation mode very easily when turning. Forward/back or side/side seem to be fine.
One must turn so I hope one fixes that.

E

boat chaser said:
I'm hoping they will release an update to make the gimbal a bit tougher. I have to use standard mount for fast fpv.
If its a FW issue that will help everyone. If its a HW issue then there will need to be a huge recall.
Not sure recall is part of their business plan.
I've said this many times but the really need to be more communicative.
And they need English speaking folks to write their manuals for USA customers.
Edit; that last statement sounded bad.

They need folks to write manuals for the language of the country they are selling too.
You know what I mean.

Obviously, the H3 D2 is too sensitive. So, I guess even a puff of wind could send it into hibernation. And if you crash the gimbal is history.

OK. Problem solved (almost). Lead made and works a treat, just needs 90 degree Mini USB plug and it'll be fine. The weight of a normal lead and the stiffness is simply just too much :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375895428.805472.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375895428.805472.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,117
The GCU is made so that you can plug into it instead of the GoPro camera for the video feed. You should not be plugging anything into your GoPro as you show in this photo. That is what the extra cable that came with the Zenmuse is for. It goes from the GCU to the transmitter to send the video signal. Plugging anything into the GoPro will throw it out of balance and will send it into hibernation.

MKheng said:
OK. Problem solved (almost). Lead made and works a treat, just needs 90 degree Mini USB plug and it'll be fine. The weight of a normal lead and the stiffness is simply just too much :)

I agree with cvant. Use the extra connector and it'll work perfect!

MKheng said:

I agree with cvant. Use the extra connector and it'll work perfect!

So do you think getting a separate fpv camera will fix the hibernation. Sounds like that is the go. I like fpv through the camera so you can see what your filming. So basically the gopro 3 cable is useless? Great R&D whoever is responsible.

The video feed runs from the back of the GoPro where it plugs into the Zenmuse Gimbal, through the GCU and then to your transmitter. The cable is included with the Zenmuse to do this. No need for another separate camera. Your FPV sees what the GoPro sees. They did this so that you would not have to plug any cable into the GoPro.

cvant said:
The GCU is made so that you can plug into it instead of the GoPro camera for the video feed. You should not be plugging anything into your GoPro as you show in this photo. That is what the extra cable that came with the Zenmuse is for. It goes from the GCU to the transmitter to send the video signal. Plugging anything into the GoPro will throw it out of balance and will send it into hibernation.

OK I'll open the Phantom up again tonight and take a look although I'm don't have a lead left over. Am I right in the lead needs to be going from the Zenmuse box inside the Phantom to my video TX unit (might sound like a stupid question but just double checking). Thanks for the tip BTW.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic