Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal fitting onto a Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
With the long delay happening with the very promising Rotopixel gimbal I was wondering if an alternative might be to perhaps ditch the Vision camera and instal a Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. I would have expected that the circuit board would be basically the same as the Phantom 2 and thus the Zenmuse should just instal the same way however just to be sure I asked DJI; this was their reply:

"Thank you for your email.
We do not recommened you try to install a Zenmuse H3-2D on your Phamtom 2 Vision. That being said, it does have a Zenmuse port on the board inside. We do not have instructions on how to set this up, so proceed with caution."

Note > "We don't have instructions"!! Pity I was simply seeking "instructions" to what I thought was a straightforward question from the "experts" .

Basically I still don't have an answer. I am now waiting patiently for the Rotopixel gimbal which by all accounts looks good; but as an academic exercise I was wondering if anyone had tried installing a Zenmuse on a Phantom 2 Vision.

I am trying to do the same thing. I actually bought the Zenmuse H3-2D but, when I went to install it, found that the 8-pin cable it calls for was not included with the Zenmuse and nowhere to be seen on the Phantom 2 Vision.

Has anybody upgraded their Vision to use the Zenmuse?

I had a vision, and now a phantom 2 is exactly the same, you can put a Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, I also changed the station for a 2.4, installed IOSD and TX

The major issue as I understand it is not just whether the Vision's circuit board has the Zenmuse input activated, but also that the zenmuse gimbals are made to balance with the platform they are designed for - i.e. GoPro. I don't believe they have any balancing capability so even if you managed to mod the GoPro mount to accept the Vision camera you would probably get patchy results from the exercise as the gimbal is a "made to measure" for the GoPro weight and CofG, etc.

(Rotorpixel have just made a Facebook update to say they are about to deliver 50 gimbals and will be producing 50 gimbals per week now with a ramp to 100 per week coming in a couple of weeks time, so the queue should start to shift quickly soon.)

if you are active, I have removed the cam of vision and I put the gopro with zenmuse, mini IOSD DJI, TX video all running

Pull_Up said:
So you took a Vision, threw away its receiver, transmitter, camera and smartphone wifi FPV and telemetry and rebuilt it as a standard 2.4 controlled quad with traditional FPV, gimbal and GoPro?

Wouldn't it have been a lot cheaper just to buy a P2?!

the price of my vision were 750 € (used)

receiver and transmitter, camera I have sold

the gopro zenmuse and had it from another project

is not a bad idea at all, :)

just put this post to tell you that the motherboard is identical to the vision of phantom2, and of course the can bus is active

Sorry to drag up an old thread...

I have a GoPro3+ and a P2V and would like use the Zenmuse H3-2D (or even better 3D). I don't need a video link to preview what's being filmed, I'm happy to just fly and record (smooth & stable) footage and view it back at the desk :)

Reading recent interweb posts it seems that the Zenmuse has been updated and that P2V support is native, is this correct?

Thanks All

hello!

@toscara: i have bought a second hand vision wihout a camera, but with a zenmuse 2d gimball and go pro 3+ installed.
however, it still runs the 5.8 TX and I was wondering, why did you change your Tx to 2.4? any particular advantages?

madxm said:
hello!

@toscara: i have bought a second hand vision wihout a camera, but with a zenmuse 2d gimball and go pro 3+ installed.
however, it still runs the 5.8 TX and I was wondering, why did you change your Tx to 2.4? any particular advantages?

only guessing, but i suspect if he/she is using an FPV set up, then that is using 5.8ghz so the phantom can't.

toscatara said:
I had a vision, and now a phantom 2 is exactly the same, you can put a Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, I also changed the station for a 2.4, installed IOSD and TX
Hi,
I to am fitting a Zemuse gimbal/Gopro onto a Vision and was wondering if you have managed to enable the tilt control from a different 2.4 G transmitter (I use a Futaba T8J) and the Naza V2 controller fitted to the vision ? I also use the Futaba receiver R2008.
Hope you don't mind the pm
Cheers
Ray

So just to confirm everything works fine on my phantom vision 2! is there a way to get the tilt to work before I go and spend the money on this. Thanks in advance!

GrumpyTy said:
So just to confirm everything works fine on my phantom vision 2! is there a way to get the tilt to work before I go and spend the money on this. Thanks in advance!
What gimbal do you have on your P2V? Is it the Zenmuse H3-3d? Interested in hearing your P2V's specs and how you did this!

My tilt worked & I had good success with putting the h23d on my vision (plug n play), but I am unable to set gimbal limit & tilt speed adj with dji assistant software. Any suggestion on what I'm doing wrong or if it's possible?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik