Zenmuse Gimbal Lock Add-on

Reaction score
thedjiguy said:
I can't give you an exact time, but think about it. Rather than the gimbal slamming into the motors over and over again, it is in the upright position, how it was made to be.

Yeah, I've thought about it. The gimbal isn't "slamming into the motors."

The motors are merely rotating on their bearings and stopping at the endpoint of their travel.

This is a solution looking for a problem. I have a gimbal that has been transported for almost a year on my backpack. Hiking, mountain biking, on the boat, etc. No issues.

I disagree. I have seen many times when people turn on their Phantom with Zenmuse installed but don't have the GoPro on the Zenmuse, the Zenmuse slams back and forth repeatedly and sometimes ruins the gimbal.

Just another thing to buy and keep track of. Save the $20 and use a cloth or a pair of socks to get exactly the same result.

What you use to get the result is purely up to you. Remember, i'm not the one selling the product, I am merely reviewing it. If you think that a sock will do the job, go for it. I am all for DIY, but some professionals who are getting paid don't want a sock hanging off their equipment.

thedjiguy said:
I disagree. I have seen many times when people turn on their Phantom with Zenmuse installed but don't have the GoPro on the Zenmuse, the Zenmuse slams back and forth repeatedly and sometimes ruins the gimbal.

Good grief, that is a completely different (and rare) occurrence.

An unpowered motor flopping around on its bearings is no big. Caveat emptor.

Anyone who is getting paid to do professional video/pictures. Personally I would not want to show up to a gig with a sock hanging off my Phantom if I was getting paid. Maybe it's just me, but I think a lot of people feel the same. Thank you for your feedback. Feel free to email me: [email protected] so we don't clog the forum up.

thedjiguy said:
Anyone who is getting paid to do professional video/pictures.

You claimed that "some professionals who are getting paid don't want a sock hanging off their equipment."

Did you just make that up or do you really know some "professionals" who are actually using that unnecessary gimbal lock?

Think of it this way:

You just paid a guy $500 to come and shot aerials for your T.V. show. He gets there and pulls out an aircraft with 3 socks hanging off of it. I believe your confidence would drop a little.

Maybe it's just my opinion.

thedjiguy said:
Think of it this way:

You just paid a guy $500 to come and shot aerials for your T.V. show. He gets there and pulls out an aircraft with 3 socks hanging off of it. I believe your confidence would drop a little.

Maybe it's just my opinion.

So you just made it up. Thanks for clearing that up.

"but some professionals who are getting paid don't want a sock hanging off their equipment"

p.s. "paid a guy $500 to come and shot aerials for your T.V. show" confirms that you are inexperienced and/or incredibly naive.

I wouldn't exactly call myself inexperienced.

.2 different phantoms over a year long period

.500 likes on FB about Phantoms

.2,800 followers on Instagram about Phantoms

.1,600 subscribers on YouTube about phantoms

.sole admin of group of 3,800 flyers (2nd largest Phantom Facebook group)

I think you are straying a little off topic. If you don't want to buy, then don't. No one is forcing you to.

Thanks

thedjiguy said:
I wouldn't exactly call myself inexperienced.

.2 different phantoms over a year long period

.500 likes on FB about Phantoms

.2,800 followers on Instagram about Phantoms

.1,600 subscribers on YouTube about phantoms

.sole admin of group of 3,800 flyers (2nd largest Phantom Facebook group)

I think you are straying a little off topic. If you don't want to buy, then don't. No one is forcing you to.

Thanks

Thanks. That just added to the hilarity.

It's not about me buying the unnecessary doohickey or not.

It's about the crazy and unsupportable claims that you have made here. Facts = good, making stuff up = unhelpful (but funny)

Welcome back Shrill, tired of the old one already?

Since this is an item for sale it is being moved to the proper location.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4