Zen Muse vibration "balls"

Reaction score
I have had my Phantom for a few months, and added the Zen Muse Gimbal recently and DJI's FPV... I find the Gimbal to be very sensitive as you fire it up and not to have it go limp. Sugestions?

A bigger problem I have is the little vibration balls that connect the frame. I have had them shake loose a few times on a bumpy landing (not a crash).... it seems they should have more rim to them to more securely fit into the mount. Any suggestions?

I also have been disappointed with the range, quality of transmission (and weight) of DJI's transmitter/receiver. What should I expect from a FPV distance wise and quality?

Greatly appreciate any advice,
Steve

Not sure about the gimbal but I assume your using the DJI AVL58. I have got great range with it well beyond 2km so what sort of range are you getting with it. You may need to try and position the vtx antenna in a way so it avoids getting the gimbal in LOS when turning back towards you. I think the DJI comes with a few different hardness levels in the balls or at least it used to so try some different ones if your getting too much shaking. With them popping out that must be some pretty hard landings as I havent heard of that happening to others and you may want to try and avoid such hard landing as it cant be good for your gear.

Here is a range test I did with it have been out to 2.5km after this but now that I am using a gimbal too I havent been getting into the longer range stuff but also have had no issues with video signal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahu_QauUu0c[/youtube]

Im using a futaba 8fgs radio and receiver with the stock phantom radio same location was getting 750m to 1km before hitting control hitches and then failsafe.

I am using the cloverleaf dji antennas they are pretty awesome. I did damage one in acrash and so got some ibcrazy bluebeam antennas which are ok but not as good as the dji antennas. I can get similar range nearly with the bluebeams but more noise in the video. I think ewth the dji I could go much beyond 2.5km as the image can be noise free at that level but the ibcrazy is showing its limits much more getting noisy well before that.

Steve Lambesis said:
A bigger problem I have is the little vibration balls that connect the frame. I have had them shake loose a few times on a bumpy landing (not a crash).... it seems they should have more rim to them to more securely fit into the mount. Any suggestions?

Take a small zip tie and thread it through the hole of the ball and snug it down just till it makes contact, but not compress the ball, and it will act as a fail safe to keep the unit together without compromising vibration dampening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues