Zen "bounces" or "kicks" while in flight

Reaction score
I've looked at my very first video's, from last year with firmware 1.40, up until Today-and every single video, without exception, has an occasional bounce or kick in the video. These "tics" occur at totally random points while filming, and have absolutely ruined some of my filming. I can't seem to get rid of it.

I'm using the Black rubber dampening balls, and a Go Pro 3, on a Phantom 1.2, with stock props that are all balanced. My air temperatures are always above freezing(usually in the 50F to 70F range).
Should I try the White rubber balls??

I've literally looked through dozens of my video's-and every single one, has a pronounced bounce or kick type of vibration!!!
The Gimbal still works, in that it keeps the horizon completely level throughout the flight. But, with this random bouncing-this Phantom has become virtually useless to me for any shots requiring more than a few seconds of video.

Also-I shoot primarily 1080/60P Medium FOV. Is there another setting that could possibly help eliminate this?

OR, do I just have a bad Gimbal??
Like I said-since the very first day, I've noticed this-and it's just driving me crazy!!!
It also appears in my "rendered" video's-when I reduce the 60P down to 30P.......

Sorry I can't post examples-but, it's one of those things you notice-and you'll know it if yours does the same. I'm hoping someone can come up with a solution for me.

rstekeur said:
I've seen my kick a few times shortly after I would plug in the battery. Sometimes more than others
Mine still does it-just randomly. But, I've tried the grey colored balls and they make it better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31