Zeiss Cinemizer or Avegant Glyph

Zeiss Cinemizer or Avegant Glyph for FPV on Phantom 4 Pro?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm really torn between the two the Zeiss Cinemizer and Avegant Glyph glasses for my Phantom 4 Pro, do you own any of the two and what has your experience been? So far it seems like the Avegant Glyph has a brighter "display" however the earphone portion is a bit off-putting as I do not require that. The Cinemizer seem to be great when used with the sun shade however some people are complaining that they are not as clear as the Glyph's. Which of the two would you suggest and why?

I have the Cinemizers that I use with my P4P+ & Mavic, the sunshade is a must. The question that you should ask yourself is, "what other function(s) will I use the goggles for?". Such as, gaming, watching movies, etc.. If you think that you would be using them more for gaming/movie watching, then I would go with the Glyphs.

I have the Cinemizers that I use with my P4P+ & Mavic, the sunshade is a must. The question that you should ask yourself is, "what other function(s) will I use the goggles for?". Such as, gaming, watching movies, etc.. If you think that you would be using them more for gaming/movie watching, then I would go with the Glyphs.
I will mostly be using them for FPV, maybe the odd movie or two but no train smash if I cant. I assume you are using something like the NVidia Sheild K1 on your Mavic for HDMI out as this will be my second use case. Do they fog up easily, some reviews seem to hint at this?

Also reading a lot of Amazon reviews where customers complain about the Glyphs comfort.

I will mostly be using them for FPV, maybe the odd movie or two but no train smash if I cant. I assume you are using something like the NVidia Sheild K1 on your Mavic for HDMI out as this will be my second use case. Do they fog up easily, some reviews seem to hint at this?
Yes I have the Shield for my Mavic...in regards to fogging, they fog no more than my everyday eyeglasses do.

Yes I have the Shield for my Mavic...in regards to fogging, they fog no more than my everyday eyeglasses do.
Ok, thanks for the information. How is the latency on the HDMI out when using the Shield on your Mavic?

Also reading a lot of Amazon reviews where customers complain about the Glyphs comfort.
This is all personal fitting, My glyphs are fine, I've worn them for an entire movie, I don't think I'd wear them all afternoon but I have no problems with the fit. It takes a bit of an adjustment to get them right, once they are , thery stay.

Haven't flown with them long enough on the Mavic, still waiting on mounting clamps for the Shield

This is all personal fitting, My glyphs are fine, I've worn them for an entire movie, I don't think I'd wear them all afternoon but I have no problems with the fit. It takes a bit of an adjustment to get them right, once they are , thery stay.
@glen e any issues with the sun in regards to the Glyphs? I notice that there isn't any sunshade.

Reactions: glen e
Do you find they cause some eye fatigue due to the brightness of the mini projectors?

My glyphs are fine
Mine fit just fine too. The only issue I noticed is the bottom outside corners seem blurry if the goggles are not positioned in a way that allows each eye to see the full screen.

The Glyphs arrived and are being returned. Not happy with them, just could not get them to fully focus on the whole image =( + cracking noise when putting them on and hum from the headphones.

I have the Glyph and have flown once with it so far. Very pleased all around although I don't like the earphone covers muting the sound around me. Still yet they are clear and bright and focus was spot on. The fact that you can view down and up while wearing them feels secure for takeoff and landing. The clicking is with all of them I believe. Phantom 4 with iPad mini 4 works perfectly. I'd still like to try the Zeiss for comparison.

Glyph by Far!!.......Love them, clearest picture...it really is like seeing....no screen.....3d you tube movies on iPhone is Awesome, just for kicks. you need the little iPhone HDMI adaptor for the iPhone plug. I think its the perfect solution for FPV because you can still see you feet and controller, so you can walk around...I fly off a boat a lot, I was afraid of walking off the boat with anything else on....lol......glyph are really amazing I think.

Reactions: bad karma
I've been flying with Cinemizers and recently switched to the Epson BT-300 glasses.

Great time for this question because I just flew with them today for over an hour. Here's a link to the review thread I did over on the Mavic forum and the video:
EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

@Roamer105 Please note that the BT-300 is a TOTALLY different technology/platform than the Glyphs & Cinemizers. As stated in my review & video, " I don't like the closed in feeling with my Cinemizers". With that said, I recently obtained a Connex Falcore Falcore Product page - Amimon and been using my Cinemizers while flying with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik