Yuneec Typhoon q500 4K

Reaction score
I have been flying Phantoms for over two years, starting out on a FC 40 and then Vision+. I now have bought a Yuneec Typhoon q500 4K. The difference between the two is amazing. It is so user friendly.The Typhoon is a lot larger and a lot more sturdy and quieter. No compass dance is required unless you fly in a different hemisphere. No downloading return home among other, you can fly smart which is you do not worry about orientation, angle which you do, or return to home all controlled by single switch on controller which has a built in screen, camera a dream. Flying characteristics about the same. To top off great customer service. This is a great machine.

Hello Isle. Glad to hear you enjoy your Q500 4K. I have researched them a bit myself.
Did you know there is a Yuneec forum that is one of the sister sites? Yuneec Drone Forum :)

Reactions: dirkclod
I really want want after seeing them and reading about them! There's no way the wife will let me spend another $1300 though so I'm praying that I win the giveaway on the YuneecPilots.com forums!

I have been flying Phantoms for over two years, starting out on a FC 40 and then Vision+. I now have bought a Yuneec Typhoon q500 4K. The difference between the two is amazing. It is so user friendly.The Typhoon is a lot larger and a lot more sturdy and quieter. No compass dance is required unless you fly in a different hemisphere. No downloading return home among other, you can fly smart which is you do not worry about orientation, angle which you do, or return to home all controlled by single switch on controller which has a built in screen, camera a dream. Flying characteristics about the same. To top off great customer service. This is a great machine.
As interesting as this drone is, especially given the included handheld gimbal, it is hard to see anything competing with lightbridge for FPV. I do think that platform is more complete for a total videographers kit, but I already have a GoPro + Feiyu gimbal so I have no need for the Yuneec package.

Yuneec is bigger slower, and not near the range. Camera and controller is good though.

The Phantom 2 and 3 has all of the things you mention so I'm not clear why you state that they are differences.

One issue I have with the Q500 is the built in screen. If a person wants to use a larger display, they can't. There is also not SDK, so no 3rd party app options. Of course it's still using wifi which is not the best.

The Q500 is a great aerial camera platform. I'd say second to the P3.

Not too worried about speed, not out to win any races. But I am curious about the range. Granted, I've not flown my P3P too far (about 1600 ft or so), so if it's comparable to that, I might be ok. But I cannot stand video lag... SO if it lags too much as it's flying, I'm out.

Not too worried about speed, not out to win any races. But I am curious about the range. Granted, I've not flown my P3P too far (about 1600 ft or so), so if it's comparable to that, I might be ok. But I cannot stand video lag... SO if it lags too much as it's flying, I'm out.
The lag on the first generation Q500 is bad. Not sure of the later generations, but I have the first one, the Typhoon. It is big and slow, but I love flying it. Great videos too - smooth as butter but a bit golden tinted. You can't use the video for FPV because of the lag, but the Follow Me mode works much better on the Yuneec than it does on the Solo or the Phantom 3. And the hand held gimbal they include is very cool. I'm curious about the newest one that allows me to use my GoPro with it...

For someone whose primary intent is to film family in the backyard or at a park - this would be the perfect quad.

tcope you can tie in your phone or pad with Yuneec app along with the view screen on controller. When I fly I have my girlfriend control the camera and take all video and still photos and direct me for better shot with my iPad so I can concentrate on flying.

tcope you can tie in your phone or pad with Yuneec app along with the view screen on controller. When I fly I have my girlfriend control the camera and take all video and still photos and direct me for better shot with my iPad so I can concentrate on flying.
Now this I like! :) Why don't they promote this feature more?

Reactions: dirkclod
Can the q500 snap a pic while it's recording video? One of the things the P3 cannot do, and it doesn;t make me happy...

I have to say that is really cool. Definite competition

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20