YouTube or Vimeo

Reaction score
I am just starting to put together some videos from my Vision+. I am trying to decide where to place them. I know that Vimeo has a higher bit rate allowed for videos but it seems like there is a limit to what I can upload for free. I have a YouTube/Google+ account but I like to keep somewhat private what I post there. I could start a new YouTube account with just my public videos. Or I could pay for Vimeo per year. I might just start a new website with just my phantom videos as well. What are everyone's thoughts on video hosting preference and why?

I'm no video expert but I have been very disappointed with what YouTube does to my videos. I recently uploaded one to Vimeo and was impressed with the playback.

Geo

I don't know why, but Vimeo has never run well on any of my devices--desktop 'puter, laptops, tablets (Windows, Android, Ubuntu, Tivo box, or Panasonic player).

I don't have the problem at all with youtube.

Agree, in theory Vimeo looks a good deal with less compression, you can only have 720p though.
In practice YT just seems quicker and easier when viewing, especially on other devices.
Also the upload and wait thing Vimeo do is annoying.
It may be a better experience if you pay them.

4wd said:
Agree, in theory Vimeo looks a good deal with less compression, you can only have 720p though.
In practice YT just seems quicker and easier when viewing, especially on other devices.
Also the upload and wait thing Vimeo do is annoying.
It may be a better experience if you pay them.

Vimeo offer 1080p and put you first in the queue for "processing" once the video is uploaded if your upgraded to a PLUS account.

I LIKE vimeo , had the sound thing a couple of times so that ended that . plus when when you play them you don't have to sit through a commercial ..

I paid for Vimeo Plus. Don't regret it a bit and all my videos are in HD. And adding music is as simple as can be.

Just signed up for Vimeo. I have been using utube and we shall see which I like better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20