Youtube of drone among fireworks

Wow, fantastic perspective of one of my favorite events.

He is lucky he did not crash his quad from blast junk.
Looked nice though.

If he didn't have permission from the fireworks company, it was not a good thing to do. However, I really find it difficult to believe that a firework load with the force to lift it that high, that fast would really be redirected by 2-3lbs of plastic floating in the air. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm not advocating for this behavior at all, but just trying to use common sense.
But whatever is said, that video was absolutely stunning. Hard to deny that. ;-)

dragonash said:
so many issues with that.

He could have knocked a firework in the wrong direction.... possibly even into people.

Very unlikley, the forces involved are way too much for a phantom, trust me the only thing that would be coming down is the phantom !!

Great film close to the shell breaks, love it.

:D

Funniest part - guy who posted that didn't do the flyover. He edited that out of another guys Youtube video and now he's going to take the heat. Original video was deleted but news outlets grabbed it before deletion. It was recorded over Sunfest 2014 earlier this year - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZPYJjqwgU0

EMCSQUAR said:
Funniest part - guy who posted that didn't do the flyover. He edited that out of another guys Youtube video and now he's going to take the heat. Original video was deleted but news outlets grabbed it before deletion. It was recorded over Sunfest 2014 earlier this year - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZPYJjqwgU0

Ha !....the wuss lol

:lol:

More blasted paranoia!
The Forbes article pointed out the Coast Guard law.
What if, the fireworks are 50 miles from any river where the CG has jurisdiction?
Having worked with a few fireworks displays, there is always a chance that debris could land on people.
Better designers work to make sure that debris is minimal and highly unlikely to cause damage or injury.
The operators also keep track of duds. When one fails, a team is sent out to recover it.

But hey, if you're stupid enough to put your expensive bird in the midst of explosions and watch it come tumbling down in pieces, that's your privilege.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.