Youtube Live Stream P3S

Reaction score
Hello all! I recently purchased a phantom 3 standard to get some action shots around the slopes in western South Dakota. I have been playing around with the live streaming option in the app and have run into an issue. When I attempt to log onto youtube from the app. I am greeted with a long loading screen and eventually an error message saying ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED. I am not too concerned as this was never the intended use for this drone but it would be fun to have all the same. I am currently running the dji go app on an android device. I have yet to try it on an apple product to see if that might resolve the problem. If anyone has encountered this issue and found a solution, any bit of advice helps! Thank You

I don't think YouTube streaming works on the standard even tho the option is there. For me, my phone cannot be on the phantom WiFi as well as mobile data for the YouTube stream at the same time...

If you run the app on your phone it would be possible to upload using your cellular data (LTE) and stay connected to your drone's wifi.

I do use the app on my phone, I thought that's what we were referring to anyways. Why is it during firmware updates I have to disconnect temporarily from the phantom WiFi in order to download the firmware from the net, then reconnect back to the phantom WiFi afterwards to apply it? This is on my htc one m8 running stock Android 6. I'll give it some more testing, but as far as I can tell my device won't connect to the web while its connected to the phantom WiFi.

I was able to use it on my standard. The biggest pain was getting my youtube account setup for live streaming from the mobile phone - browser kept crashing! The phone used the wifi for connecting to the Phantom and LTE for sending to Youtube. It basically uploaded a highly compressed version of what the app was receiving from the camera. Below is what it streamed, though the sun was very low so that didn't help with quality either.

Reactions: AntiiMatter
So if im understanding you correctly sabalon, I need to have a good wifi signal and LTE signal. Where I am, I am lacking any signal for LTE so that might be my problem. I will play around with it a little more when I return home and be back for an update.

That was my experience. My phone realized that the Phantom Wifi had no internet so it used the AT&T signal for that.

I'll have to play with it some more. I couldn't get past the YouTube initialization screen with the two blue buttons. It just loaded forever.

From what I understand livestreaming only works on iphones and not androids? I could not for the life of me get live streaming to work on my note edge...

Update: Once I connected my P3 to my iphone, I was able to begin streaming. The stream however, like some streams ive encountered, was extremely jumpy. There was an approximate 15 second delay over the stream.

Yea I got it working on iPhone 6s Plus does have about 10-15 sec lag but I can live with that

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The delay is usually pretty normal for the livestreams. As for the jumpy - since it is just showing the feed from the drone, it's going to be as good or bad as that is...which usually has it's concessional "Oh wait...what was I doing?" :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj