Your opinion on P3P Purchase ...

Drive to MC in Mass or Amazon on-line with Store Card Financing ...

• MicroCenter in Boston for $800 (includes costs for 6 hours of driving)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • On-line from Amazon for $888 at $74 per month for a year.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Roll the dice ... either way ...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Dilema for the forum brain trust (maybe its a no brainer, but I'm not thinking clearly) ...

Option 1:
6 hour round trip drive to MC in Cambridge MA for P3P:
$699 + $44 sales tax, + 340 miles at $2.40 ga (Camry will avg. about 32mpg) = about $800 (+ coffee and other sustenance)

Option 2:
Amazon P3P with Amazon backing and free shipping: $888.00 (2 day delivery) and 12 month 0% financing with Amazon Store card. ($74 a month for a year) ...

The latter is kuel with the SO, the former not so much. Happy Wife, Happy Life ...
How to check for latest motors too? Can't see the amazon box cover ...

Opinions?

The road trip is your best bet if you must see the box. Or, order a Phantom that is being shipped by Amazon and you can easily send it back if it's an old version. Like I said in your other thread though, the new motors have been out for quite some time now. Stock being shipped out by Amazon is likely not old.

The road trip is your best bet if you must see the box. Or, order a Phantom that is being shipped by Amazon and you can easily send it back if it's an old version. Like I said in your other thread though, the new motors have been out for quite some time now. Stock being shipped out by Amazon is likely not old.

Thank you good sir for the prompt response! Perhaps a good problem to have!

I think you need to make an appt with your doctor if this is truly a dilemma of yours. How are you going to feel after that 6 hour drive should your new Phantom not work as expected?

Last edited:
Go for the option that keeps SO happy. It also is the better option as Amazons return policy is pretty fantastic.

Reactions: Digdat0
Well I figure if you have to finance it.. why? lol

Need to man up and tell your wifey how it is! Women love men who are in control and handle business.

Life advice!

I'm sorry... Did I say I had to finance it? I had a nice quote all typed up but my conscious got the better of me. Pfffft ...

Just do what makes sense to "you", asking forum members for their opinion on what appears to be quite obvious, will often create this sort of backlash. No sense in responding any further to this thread, just chime in to let us know your thoughts on this great product. Enjoy!!!

I'm sorry... Did I say I had to finance it? I had a nice quote all typed up but my conscious got the better of me. Pfffft ...

Just curious as to why your dragon would be happier with finance than just out right purchase.

..like.....who wants debt???

It isnt really any more "dept" if you have no interest, you either pay the cost now or you pay over time, it's the same price either way. I could have just paid the price fro DJI with my AMEX and BAM, done. Instead I chose to use a card that had been sitting idle a long time. Allocating $1500 for the intro to this hobby was less than 20% utilization, and I had a 0% offer for a year, so why not. I'm not a penny more or less "in debt" than I was. I can pay off early if I chose. Another round of "paid on time" in a sea of green marks on your credit still doesn't hurt.

I'm not broke-assed by any means, not in the least, but either use a card and an offer, or don't any cancel the damned thing. It's really up to the individual to decide.

Avocet, personally I think the Amazon price is still too high and if you have a card offer then do the same thing I did, same concept as Amazon and buy cheaper elsewhere, that's just my 2 cents as I paid $780 for my P3P delivered to my door. The savings went to a case, protections plan, batteries, tablet, other peripherals . . .

I agree about the pricing at Amazon also. The pricing for P3Ps I would describe as volatile at present for many reasons and purchase timing can be vexing. The Microcenter purge of P3Ps in-store is one of those events. I'm not in a terrible hurry as I have other units I fly but I want to take ownership reasonably soon, knowing that I might get the deal of the century next week, or pay 10% too much the week after -- a roll of the dice ... I'm more interested in learning to take some superlative aerial videos than competing for the lowest price in an online forum ... Thanks Capt'n for your opinion - makes sense to me also. Generally, the experiences of some forum members can be helpful to be sure.

It isnt really any more "dept" if you have no interest, you either pay the cost now or you pay over time, it's the same price either way. I could have just paid the price fro DJI with my AMEX and BAM, done. Instead I chose to use a card that had been sitting idle a long time. Allocating $1500 for the intro to this hobby was less than 20% utilization, and I had a 0% offer for a year, so why not. I'm not a penny more or less "in debt" than I was. I can pay off early if I chose. Another round of "paid on time" in a sea of green marks on your credit still doesn't hurt.

I'm not broke-assed by any means, not in the least, but either use a card and an offer, or don't any cancel the damned thing. It's really up to the individual to decide.

Avocet, personally I think the Amazon price is still too high and if you have a card offer then do the same thing I did, same concept as Amazon and buy cheaper elsewhere, that's just my 2 cents as I paid $780 for my P3P delivered to my door. The savings went to a case, protections plan, batteries, tablet, other peripherals . . .

What is "dept"?
I'm not sure you fully understand what debt is.. debt is if you owe money. Interest rate has nothing to do with flat out owing monies to someone.. By your logic - If someone has 0% interest (say on a 45k auto loan for 60 months) they owe $45k on an auto loan but really they have no debt??? But if they had say 1.99% all the sudden they have $45k in debt???

Personal advice - I'd put those purchases on a rewards credit card than letting Amazon hold your balls for a year. Myself personally I have a 3% cash back amex that I toss EVERYTHING onto. Roughly $2.5k a month (sadly Ford & rent won't work with credit cards). That's roughly $75-ish cash back each month ;) - or you could just let a company loan them money for free with no benefit other than just owing them $$$$ for nothing more than just.. well there really is no reason to float that expense for any reason unless you simply can not afford it. A good mark on your credit score.. I could teach you a thing or two about that too :) ...if you want

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Oh hush sheep.

I encourage you to teach me things. I'm open to learn. You are quite opposite. Don't let the Internet push you around kiddo. It's just text on a screen. No need to take offense to anything you don't agree with. It's pathetic.

FYI my horse does sit high. Pleasant ;)

Hey BVC - screw you, arrogant prick. You see the word MORE there? Get off your high horse. I'll teach YOU a thing or two.

All my other **** goes through AMEX too. Avocet nor anyone else needs anything from you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31