Your Maximum Altitude

pault said:
@copysat
Any chance of a picture of your aluminium foil reflectors please ?
just simple as that
F4VTRBCFSPRH2E3.MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUTT8wdN_VA :idea:

Pic of Cowboy Stadium getting its AT&T lettering... About 512 feet up... 19 degrees outside...

Attachments

• ATT_Stadium-DJI00009a.jpg
    ATT_Stadium-DJI00009a.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 404
Timtro said:
If you're in the US you need to keep it under 400 ft almost everywhere.

For small civilian use rc planes and helis quads etc you do not need to "keep it under 400 feet". There are no laws rules or regulations governing them. The 400 foot deal is a suggested safety guideline for when flying within 3 miles from an airport.

As well as flying my PV I am also a full size pilot and to be honest some of the heights quoted in this thread makes me very concerned :shock:

Many compliments to y'all. To be honest, I am quite scared of going very high. I live in a quite populated area, I don't have a fpv setup, (starting to feel the need of it) and last time I went up 200meters and I almost had vertigo looking at it. There is something wrong with me? ;)
Plus, I have a question: I see there is distance and altitude on the screen. But how can the distance be minor then the altitude? Maybe because the distance is on the horizontal plan and the altitude one the vertical plan?

Timtro said:
If you're in the US you need to keep it under 400 ft almost everywhere. Buy a sectional chart for your area. The cost is less than $10. Check the map to make sure you are not in a restricted zone, locate the airports and helipads and keep a safe distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywxvzCOCrAw

The first time a UAV (UAS) collides with any aircraft it will all come down very hard on all of us, especially if someone is seriously hurt or killed. If something bad happens between now and 2015 you can pretty much bet it will make it much harder to get reasonable regulations.

Stay well away from heliports (near hospitals, police stations, some radio and TV stations and sheriff's offices). Stay far away from airports, including private fields, stay well out of military and other restricted areas. There are areas near beaches where you could encounter ultralights and banner planes and the safe ceiling may be less than 400 ft.

Quad copter blades are sharp. especially carbon fiber. Don't take any chances around the public. The AMA rules say keep 25 feet away from spectators for safety. That's a good guideline.

You might also want to keep a log of when and where you fly, including altitude and distance. It might come in handy as an alibi if you get accused of something that somebody else does, but if you post a "mission" at 1,000 ft on Flytrex.com you may be providing evidence for the FAA.

Fly responsibly.

Keep in mind the FAA advisery AC 91-571. PURPOSE. This advisory circular outlines, and encourages voluntary
compliance with, safety standards for model aircraft operators.
its just that an advisory not the law of the land
if your flying for fun you can go as high and far as you want
keeping in mind any problems you cause can be brought to court
but there is nothing that says you can not go over 400

skyhighdiver said:
Timtro said:
If you're in the US you need to keep it under 400 ft almost everywhere. Buy a sectional chart for your area. The cost is less than $10. Check the map to make sure you are not in a restricted zone, locate the airports and helipads and keep a safe distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywxvzCOCrAw

The first time a UAV (UAS) collides with any aircraft it will all come down very hard on all of us, especially if someone is seriously hurt or killed. If something bad happens between now and 2015 you can pretty much bet it will make it much harder to get reasonable regulations.

Stay well away from heliports (near hospitals, police stations, some radio and TV stations and sheriff's offices). Stay far away from airports, including private fields, stay well out of military and other restricted areas. There are areas near beaches where you could encounter ultralights and banner planes and the safe ceiling may be less than 400 ft.

Quad copter blades are sharp. especially carbon fiber. Don't take any chances around the public. The AMA rules say keep 25 feet away from spectators for safety. That's a good guideline.

You might also want to keep a log of when and where you fly, including altitude and distance. It might come in handy as an alibi if you get accused of something that somebody else does, but if you post a "mission" at 1,000 ft on Flytrex.com you may be providing evidence for the FAA.

Fly responsibly.

Keep in mind the FAA advisery AC 91-571. PURPOSE. This advisory circular outlines, and encourages voluntary
compliance with, safety standards for model aircraft operators.
its just that an advisory not the law of the land
if your flying for fun you can go as high and far as you want
keeping in mind any problems you cause can be brought to court
but there is nothing that says you can not go over 400

Very true, but keep in mind that if the FAA wants to come after someone they may pursue a claim of "unsafe" flying, regardless of altitude.

COtto1984 said:
I got mine up to 2600' last weekend while showing off to some friends. I didn't take a screen capture though. Here is one where I went 2000'+ up.
IMG_0276.PNG
How did you do it, you can see images of the Phantom and control your remote control.

Pull_Up said:
Absolutely! You can be flying completely irresponsibly and dangerously at 100ft off the deck or lower, just as you can be flying safely and responsibly at 1000ft. The bottom line is if you hit anything or anyone at any height then you are potentially in trouble so fly accordingly.

+1 :idea:

gfredrone said:
This is my stock setup record for total distance. I lost FPV a few feet after the screenshot.

Total distance = 1,487 ft

Not bad for stock!
How did you do it, you can see images of the Phantom and control your remote control.

Opp5151 said:
COtto1984 said:
I got mine up to 2600' last weekend while showing off to some friends. I didn't take a screen capture though. Here is one where I went 2000'+ up.
IMG_0276.PNG

Its on the ipad or iphone just take a screen shot
press front button and top button at same time

FPV col said:
As well as flying my PV I am also a full size pilot and to be honest some of the heights quoted in this thread makes me very concerned :shock:

Agreed. I'm all up for attempts to break distance records but going thousands of feet up is frankly irresponsible and dangerous.

Imagine for a second what would happen if the quad crashed into an airliner, the results would be catastrophic and I personally would not want to be responsible for the deaths of dozens/hundreds of people.

The plane would never see the quad in the sky and you would not have enough time to react to a 500km/hr+ plane with your phantom that moves at 5m/sec!

Guys don't get me wrong, i am FIXED WING PILOT and i know what i am doing, off course you have to put in mind wher to fly this much high, also you have to know or to use skyvector.com or aviation charts :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr