Your battery temperature after a flight

Reaction score
Seems like mostly normal use*, and the battery, 5 minutes after landing was 120F. Is that normal? I just wanted to know if that's "par for the course" and nothing to worry about. I'm not going to charge it until it cools, which is only logical.

* It's a hot day here today, 90 degrees F. I just flew around the back yard, landing 6 or 8 times for a minute or two, so not continuous flying. I didn't do any full power ascents, although I did put it in "A" mode and zoom around for a minute or two during one flight.

I flew a couple days ago it was around 83 degrees out, i was flying over a lake with some speed for 19 minutes and landed with my battery at 47 degrees Celsius which is about 117 Fahrenheit.
I don't think you should be too worried.

Seems like mostly normal use*, and the battery, 5 minutes after landing was 120F. Is that normal? I just wanted to know if that's "par for the course" and nothing to worry about. I'm not going to charge it until it cools, which is only logical.

* It's a hot day here today, 90 degrees F. I just flew around the back yard, landing 6 or 8 times for a minute or two, so not continuous flying. I didn't do any full power ascents, although I did put it in "A" mode and zoom around for a minute or two during one flight.
You should be okay but I wouldn't recommend you letting that happen too often as eventually it could cause damage to the battery

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi yes they do get very hot I put mine in the fridge for a while before re-charging, these batteries can be very dangerous my brother had one ignite and catch on fire in the car after being on charger. Another friend caught his in the car seat and he said it went off like a bomb, these lithium batteries need to be treated with caution I never leave mine on charge unattended.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic