YoumiTrip - Hike and fly in Huangshan

Reaction score
Another video from my trip. This time I hiked up mount Huang which is about 6 hours drive south of Shanghai. I had the good idea to break my fpv screen the day before, so all the aerial shots are without fpv, that's why it sometimes does not look smooth. It was a weird feeling to go back to no fpv after flying that way for so long. It was frustrating I can tell you.
Anyway, as usual, I hope you enjoy the video ;)

http://youtu.be/MCQyDTNAAEA

I enjoyed hiking there when I lived in Taizhou. We got a private hiking guide and really went off trail. Was pretty intense. I hope I am headed back this summer to northern china for another work assignment.

Obviously your take on drones in China is "good to go" but have you ready any official rules about drones? It's hard to find information and I would like to know before returning.

gword256 said:
Obviously your take on drones in China is "good to go" but have you ready any official rules about drones? It's hard to find information and I would like to know before returning.

When I flew in Huangshan I had some officials ask me about my drone. They checked it, looked at the video I just shot, and asked me what was my purpose of filming. Since I was doing this for fun they said there was no problem and told me to enjoy my stay on the mountain :) That's the only encounter I had with officials in China regarding drones.
But you're right, it is hard to find official inforamation about restrictions for drones. I'm afraid I cannot help you on that one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20