You Tube

Reaction score
I did try a search, but ... ugh.

Can one stream to You Tube with a P3S and the android app?

I setup the you tube account following this post on another boar, but my app the streaming part (General, Livestreaming) is greyed out:

I was just about to ask how to get YouTube live-streaming working. However, in the mean time I figured it out.

The tutorial is as clear as mud, at least regarding the YouTube part of it. DJIs Pilot app is easy, but you need to connect it the right way with YouTube.

To make this work, you need to do some things in both the Pilot app AND your YouTube/Google account.
1. YouTube
On you computer, log in to YouTube (it wants to use your Google account) or create a new one.
Go to "My Channels" (you might have to click the menu icon to open the menu)
Click "Video Manager"
That opens up a new page, where you can select "Live Events" on the left side.
Here you have to Enable Live Events
This was confusing to me, because of how YouTube and Google accounts are linked. Just be aware that can be an issue
When you enable Live Events it wants to confirm you are a person. It wants to call you and give you a code or send an SMS with a code
In fact it should work now. What I think is the important step is to enable it all on the YouTube side BEFORE logging in to YouTube in the Pilot app. IF you cant stream (it says "Warning, read the tutorial" (thats the error I got), go ahead and log out of YouTube in the Pilot App (at the bottom after hitting "Basic Mode" (see 2. about the Pilot App) and log in again. You might have to log into/ use a different identity on YouTube if your account is old or something like that. Its a clear as mud. But its not DJIs fault.

2. Pilot app
Hit General Settings (the four dots)
Enable "YouTube Live Steaming
Select "Basic Mode"
Name the stream, select if it is private, public or Unlisted (semi-private)
Select your YouTube account (If you get the Warning: Read Tutorial error, log out of YouTube and log in again. When you log in, you might be presented with two identities for the same YouTube/Google account. Only one of them will be set up to use Live Events I believe.)

So you can't stream. Standard/4K can't I believe. Why do you want to stream anyways? Ruins flight time by 3 minutes, ruins your data plan and no one can hear the phantom only see. Kinda a pethedic move on dji part but they do need something to make their products look better

Reactions: Cookie$Dough
So you can't stream. Standard/4K can't I believe. Why do you want to stream anyways? Ruins flight time by 3 minutes, ruins your data plan and no one can hear the phantom only see. Kinda a pethedic move on dji part but they do need something to make their products look better

Ok, so I can't with it, was just checking it out, not a dealbreaker or anything, might have done it once to see, nothing more. It had the feature listed on the box though. You tube live.

I believe it depends on the display unit you use, the application installed and whether there is wifi coverage in the location you are in.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj