You think DJI has bad response times

Reaction score
I contacted Oakley sunglasses by email about some replacement parts. I received an "answer" almost immediately. Here it is:

Thank you for your email to Oakley Customer Care. We are currently answering emails within 4-6 business days. We look forward to responding to your message in the order that it was received between the hours of 6AM-5PM, Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.

Best Regards,

Oakley, Inc.
Customer Care
(800) 403-7449
www.oakley.com

Makes DJI almost seem like a concerned company.
Can't wait to see the hoops I am going to have to jump through to get parts for my $300 sunglasses

The only company (for me) that was fast real fast is GoPro I emailed them sent a vid with the email next day I had a RMA sent in the cam a week later I had a replacement I was shocked & impressed .

That's because Oakley is selling you $10-25 in plastic and glass for $100-$400.

It's a high margin business and the only thing they have going for them is marketing. That's it. It's a marketing and customer service business. Without this, they're nothing. When Oakley replaces anything for you, their biggest cost is shipping cost.

DJI margins are nowhere close to this level. A lot of people say that they thought about sending it in for X issue but they don't want to deal with 2+ months of waiting so they either don't send it in or they send it to dealers/shops that charge for labor. Whether DJI wants it this way is speculation, but they are definitely benefiting from this system that puts people off from sending them work unless it's absolutely necessary.

Actually. GoPro and Apple are the two best I have ever dealt with for complex electronics. Overall, for less complex products, PolarPro, Cambond, UAVbits, Benchmade Knives and Schaller guitar parts have been awesome. All of these contacts were made directly with the manufacturer and resolved or set up to be resolved in no longer than 2 working days of my original inquiry.
Simply said, Oakley glasses have 11 total parts. None of which are high tech. At least DJI has a super complex product, not totally easily understood by many purchasers, and difficult to diagnose and repair. Yes it is a pain, but compared to Oakley.....?

Only once I had to call customer service on a product and gopro was really fast. Never really had a problem with things

They're just trying to show you how goofy you are to spend $300 on a $6.00 pair of plastic shades with a name on them. Next time buy shades with "Made In China" on them and you'll be able to afford to junk the bad ones and buy new ones!

Oh crap - you already HAVE shades that say "Made In China" on them!!!! I forgot!!

To bad!

replacements parts for sunglasses???? now.. that is the funniest thing I've heard all week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31