You guys balancing your props?

Reaction score
How many of you guys are balancing your props? I was doing it on my P2 because my camera setup was all 3rd party with lots of jello. But wondering if you guys are balancing your P3Ps and if so, how significant the results are.

Just curious!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

IMO there is no need to do it. I have a Du-BRO prop balancer that I use for my racer quads which is very needed for gemfan, kinkong, dal props and all others but every time I check my p3p props they are always perfectly balanced. Have not find one that is not balanced...

I always balance my props once and then use them. It's not that I am concerned about videos but I have absolutely no idea about natural frequencies of mounted parts and don't know when the effect of unbalanced props will resonate. I don't want to take risk as balancing takes just 10 minutes max per prop balancing.

How do you balance them please I'm new to this and hadn't thought of this problem

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

How do you balance them please I'm new to this and hadn't thought of this problem

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Use a Du Bro setup to balance blades and hubs.

I did mine. Personally I think it made a big difference, although it turned out that was not the problem causing my jello effect. I had a bit of foam stuck between the gimbal and the body of the drone. Make sure yours has been removed before blaming the props.

I bought a prop balancing rod from a guy on Ebay. Found a nice flat glass on a nice flat surface. You must use a spirit level, by eye is just not accurate enough.

All four of my props were out. One of them really out. After a good half hour of shaving the props they were spot on. Even dirt on a prop will throw it out so ensure you wash them before balancing.

I have seen brand new props straight out of the bag well out of balance.

Is it worth doing? Yes for a fiver its worth the peace of mind and a more stable copter. :)

This is what I did Frank's Story item #208

Last edited:
It is worth checking. I check them before I put them on. Then leave them on as I don't take the props off anymore.. If I notice any vibration in pre-flight checks observation and warm-up I balance when I'm done.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Thanks for the I put guys. Much appreciated. I just checked my props and they all needed balancing. 2 weren't too bad, 2 were more significant. But none were balanced.

I'd imagine this could really help with night time long exposure shots.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I balance them new and after ten flights as I have found somehow my props that were balanced when I put them on are now out of balance. I don't know how they got out of balance or if I didn't balance them properly at first but now they are out after noticing a vibration. So balance them and check them on occasion.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20